would bad battery cables drain my battery. i here clicking when trying to start but no rotation of the motor. while attemping to start the car will lose power completely, until i touch the bettery cables with my wrench. at this time the power is restored to my car but it still fails to start. only a rapid clicking can be heard. what's wrong with my cadi? please help. thank you.
car fails to start on 1992 Cadillac DeVille
Asked by for the 1992 Cadillac DeVille
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Valleyautotech ,
September 29, 2009
Sounds like dirty or corroded battery cables, double check the connections and make sure they are clean and tight at the battery and on the starter, but a battery with one bad cell will cause a lot of problems, is the battery good?
Verified for the Cadillac DeVille13 reports
Verified for the Cadillac DeVille111 reports
1 answerJanuary 18, 2012
This week's top 10
Recent Cadillac DeVille Questions
- under left side dash
- The service power steering light stays on. Can it be reset or is something wrong
- If the ac compressor was to lock up would it trash the motor
- I have a white blue smoke coming from exhaust ans it smells like pure raw gas
- how much is the labor and parts cost for replacements of 2 coil packs.
1992 Cadillac DeVille Estimates
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Taos Ski Valley, NM
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($239 - $386) in Le Claire, IA
- Brake Wheel Cylinder Replacement ($198 - $312) in Huntington, VT
- PCV Valve Replacement ($56 - $76) in Pike, NH
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($56 - $77) in Putney, KY
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($561 - $585) in Gunter, TX