This just started this summer. Car would drive normally for 10 to 20 minutes then die. After letting it set for 10 to 20 minutes it would restart and drive rough for about 1 block then die again. Spark plugs and wires were replaced last year. I have replaced fuel pump and fuel filter and MAF. Now it won't run at all...only idles! Any suggestions?
Car dies after running for a short time. Now will only idle. on 1990 Mazda Miata MX-5
Asked by for the 1990 Mazda Miata MX-5
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Miata MX-5 Questions
- How to remove wire connector from power steering pump pressure switch?Just pull?
- Is there a fuse for the hardtop convertible to operate
- The #1 piston is not firing, what would cause it?
- How do you fix a leak that comes from behind your driver side seat in a 08 Miata
- Had a tune up and coil packs replaced. New plugs&wireNow my car is not driveable
1990 Mazda Miata MX-5 Estimates
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Green Road, KY
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Rear ($254 - 356) in Edgemont, AR
- Heater Core Replacement ($617 - 829) in Clinton, IL
- Spark Plug Replacement ($60 - 80) in Matawan, NJ
- Brake Pads Replacement ($173 - 193) in Palmdale, FL
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor Replacement ($458 - 474) in Stilwell, KS