This just started this summer. Car would drive normally for 10 to 20 minutes then die. After letting it set for 10 to 20 minutes it would restart and drive rough for about 1 block then die again. Spark plugs and wires were replaced last year. I have replaced fuel pump and fuel filter and MAF. Now it won't run at all...only idles! Any suggestions?
Car dies after running for a short time. Now will only idle. on 1990 Mazda Miata MX-5
Asked by for the 1990 Mazda Miata MX-5
- Honor, Courage, Commitment: Read Jacquie's Story About Finding A RepairPal Certified Shop When She Needed It Most
- Is My Car Burning Oil and Other Symptoms of Oil Leaking
- Car Diagnosis Made Easier With RepairPal’s Symptom Guide
- How to Perform a Basic Drive Cycle
- What To Do If You Have A Nail In Your Tire
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Miata MX-5 Questions
- When should timing belt be changed?
- How to remove wire connector from power steering pump pressure switch?Just pull?
- Is there a fuse for the hardtop convertible to operate
- The #1 piston is not firing, what would cause it?
- How do you fix a leak that comes from behind your driver side seat in a 08 Miata
1990 Mazda Miata MX-5 Estimates
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - $104) in Green Road, KY
- Alternator Replacement ($365 - $449) in Edgemont, AR
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Rear ($468 - $1,030) in Clinton, IL
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($270 - $359) in Matawan, NJ
- Vibration Diagnosis ($61 - $78) in Palmdale, FL
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($181 - $228) in Stilwell, KS