Took car to dealership and was told a pin was broken which was causing the key to stay in the on position. Also causing convertible top and window not to go up due to same broken pin. Dealer says entire steering colunm has to be replaced at a cost of $1500. They want $1005 for steering column and the rest is for labor. When I told them I could not afford it, they stated they would contact junkyards tomorrow and try to find used part. Is there a way to replace pin without replacing entire steering column?
Can't turn key so can is running. Top is stuck down. Pin broken in steering col. on 2006 Chrysler Sebring
This week's top 10
Recent Chrysler Sebring Questions
- Why does the right front end rattle when I go over bumps
- How much will it cost for an air condition fix when it needs a new compressor?
- Fan still blowing, using up battery , when car is turned off after using AC,vent
- My car wont start and ECM light and check engine light on now. Can I reset?
- I's it normal for gasket to go bad at the bottom of the Glass?