Took car to dealership and was told a pin was broken which was causing the key to stay in the on position. Also causing convertible top and window not to go up due to same broken pin. Dealer says entire steering colunm has to be replaced at a cost of $1500. They want $1005 for steering column and the rest is for labor. When I told them I could not afford it, they stated they would contact junkyards tomorrow and try to find used part. Is there a way to replace pin without replacing entire steering column?
Can't turn key so can is running. Top is stuck down. Pin broken in steering col. on 2006 Chrysler Sebring
Asked by for the 2006 Chrysler Sebring
This week's top 10
Recent Chrysler Sebring Questions
- oil pump weak or bad
- Driving at 60mph on cruise and all of a sudden the engine shut off.
- Coolant leak..Drops from center of radiator. Can't see wats there. Hoses?? Pump?
- my trunk will not open with key or remote and the doors will not lock.All of a s
- Is the 2.4L engine in my 2005 Sebring Convertible an interference engine?
2006 Chrysler Sebring Estimates
- Timing Belt Replacement ($644 - $851) in Foster, OR
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - $61) in Raymondville, MO
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($74 - $131) in Derby, VT
- MAP Sensor Replacement ($133 - $323) in Burdett, KS
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($802 - $844) in Demorest, GA
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($30 - $39) in Ash Flat, AR