canister purge valve on 2001 Ford Explorer

where is it located under the hood?

Asked by for the 2001 Ford Explorer
I think it is under the battery perhaps even under the fender below the battery. It has two hoses going to it and an electrical connector with two wires a Red and a Light Green/Black.
2 more answers
for your vehicle, it can be in the engine compartment or by the canister which is near your fuel tank. it is usually called the vapor management valve ( fancy name for purge valve ) I would look at your under hood Emissions Label, and the under hood vacuum diagrams to locate it. here is a link for repair info for your truck
yes on the engine where is it located