I recently put a 2004 3.5 lt engine in my 2002 Malibu, which had a 3.1 lt. engine. I used the 2002 fuel rail and plenum. I also replaced the harmonic balaner for one that had the relucter wheel on it because the 2004 doesn't use that type.The crankshaft position sensor has three wires instead of two on thee 2004 but the sensor for the 2004 is shorter than the 2002 so I have to use the 2004 sensor. What do I do with the third wire that would be coming from the sensor?
Can you put a 2004 Malibu engine in a 2002 Malibu using the 2002 wiring only? on 2004 Chevrolet Malibu
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Malibu Questions
- How to fix a female terminal in the fuse box, should I replace whole box/how to?
- check engine light what is p1174 fuel trim cylinder balance bank 1 how to fix
- My theft light stays on an car has no spark what can be the problem
- How do I resolve an error code B3948?
- collant backup in overflow tank. after the car heats up this happens. and sounds
2004 Chevrolet Malibu Estimates
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($737 - 1,104) in Lindsay, CA
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($344 - 590) in Humboldt, KS
- Brake Drum Replacement ($316 - 456) in Johns Island, SC
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($124 - 163) in Parmelee, SD
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($332 - 652) in Pearlington, MS
- Horn Replacement ($104 - 243) in Sandstone, WV