I recently put a 2004 3.5 lt engine in my 2002 Malibu, which had a 3.1 lt. engine. I used the 2002 fuel rail and plenum. I also replaced the harmonic balaner for one that had the relucter wheel on it because the 2004 doesn't use that type.The crankshaft position sensor has three wires instead of two on thee 2004 but the sensor for the 2004 is shorter than the 2002 so I have to use the 2004 sensor. What do I do with the third wire that would be coming from the sensor?
Can you put a 2004 Malibu engine in a 2002 Malibu using the 2002 wiring only? on 2004 Chevrolet Malibu
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Malibu Questions
- Sent 2 prev. questions re "oil" in overflow tank. Rec. 2 replies.
- how do I get all four turn signals to start working again?
- none of my signal lights work, how do I fix that?
- Why does the fan run after I shut the car off. I have been running the A/C more
- why won't car start after replacing rear hub assembly with ABS?