I recently put a 2004 3.5 lt engine in my 2002 Malibu, which had a 3.1 lt. engine. I used the 2002 fuel rail and plenum. I also replaced the harmonic balaner for one that had the relucter wheel on it because the 2004 doesn't use that type.The crankshaft position sensor has three wires instead of two on thee 2004 but the sensor for the 2004 is shorter than the 2002 so I have to use the 2004 sensor. What do I do with the third wire that would be coming from the sensor?
Can you put a 2004 Malibu engine in a 2002 Malibu using the 2002 wiring only? on 2004 Chevrolet Malibu
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Malibu Questions
- I smell radiator coolent when I'm driving.
- Was changing spark plugs and brittle hose/tube broke.
- How do you replace one of the torsional bars and n the trunk? The front on pop
- My car sounds a lot louder than it should when I first start it? Please help!
- I Change the airflow sensor & The map sensor.On my Chevy Malibu 2006.
2004 Chevrolet Malibu Estimates
- Sway Bar End Link Replacement - Front ($192 - 235) in Lindsay, CA
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Humboldt, KS
- Alternator Replacement ($311 - 471) in Johns Island, SC
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - 104) in Parmelee, SD
- Power Steering System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Pearlington, MS
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($240 - 279) in Sandstone, WV