The horn stopped working, checked the fuse box, seen one fuse that was blown and replaced it. Now I had no owner's manual or any reference to go by for checking the fuses. So I just pulled one out at a time and checked them. After not fixing the one problem I had, a second problem came up. The jeep will not start. I tried too many times to get it to start. You can turn the key and all it will do is crank. I took it to a garage over 2 months ago. The mechanic sent me a pic of the fuse box and showed me what he thought was the issue. I know nothing about jeeps other then keeping gas in it and doing regular oil changes. If it is not clear by now I am a female.
Can the pcm fuse keep the jeep from starting? on 1998 Jeep Cherokee
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by ziptie12 ,
June 17, 2013
PCM= powertrain control module-- it powers the computer that allows it to run, so , yes would be the likely answer.
0 answersJune 17, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Jeep Cherokee Questions
1998 Jeep Cherokee Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($277 - 360) in North Wilkesboro, NC
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($219 - 640) in Vernon Center, MN
- Brake Pad Replacement ($174 - 247) in Horseshoe Bay, TX
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in Paden City, WV
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($831 - 916) in Coaldale, PA
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($699 - 787) in Morgantown, KY