The horn stopped working, checked the fuse box, seen one fuse that was blown and replaced it. Now I had no owner's manual or any reference to go by for checking the fuses. So I just pulled one out at a time and checked them. After not fixing the one problem I had, a second problem came up. The jeep will not start. I tried too many times to get it to start. You can turn the key and all it will do is crank. I took it to a garage over 2 months ago. The mechanic sent me a pic of the fuse box and showed me what he thought was the issue. I know nothing about jeeps other then keeping gas in it and doing regular oil changes. If it is not clear by now I am a female.
Can the pcm fuse keep the jeep from starting? on 1998 Jeep Cherokee
Asked by for the 1998 Jeep Cherokee
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by ziptie12 ,
June 17, 2013
PCM= powertrain control module-- it powers the computer that allows it to run, so , yes would be the likely answer.
0 answersJune 17, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Jeep Cherokee Questions
- service 4WD light comes on intermittently (active drive I)
- Goes dead while driving, sometimes starts right back up, others you have to wait
- my transmission will not shift gears I changed filter and gasket what wrong
- check engine light comes on/car is warm and restart makes car rumble for a few s
- My jeep won't turn over or start when It's hot!
1998 Jeep Cherokee Estimates
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($686 - $1,124) in North Wilkesboro, NC
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($132 - $350) in Vernon Center, MN
- Water Pump Replacement ($271 - $396) in Horseshoe Bay, TX
- Starter Replacement ($257 - $364) in Paden City, WV
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($699 - $787) in Coaldale, PA
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($103 - $125) in Morgantown, KY