I recently purchased this car. The warning light was frequently on while driving. The engine is being removed and opened for cleaning (110,000 kilometers). The sludge and baked on deposits on the sump pan and valve covers are so bad that the agent doesn't think flushing is a good option. The filter when removed was dripping black oil like thick honey. Obviously the engine had not had oil and filter changes or servicing for a few years.
Can the oil pump be opened for cleaning and repair or is a sealed unit. on 1994 BMW 740i
Asked by for the 1994 BMW 740i
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 740i Questions
- i get the p0340 code for camshaft position sensor
- Engine misfiring on Bank 1 possibly due to timing problem. Could be timing guild
- What is my best option if I need to replace the alternator in my 2000 name 740i?
- what would happen if a person disconnected the battery with out a power saver?
- Estimate cost to repair cruise control
1994 BMW 740i Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($377 - $608) in Albion, ME
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($163 - $289) in Bowdon, GA
- Alternator Replacement ($509 - $735) in Mason, OH
- Fuel Filter Change ($131 - $172) in Elmer, OK
- Parking Brake Shoe Replacement ($269 - $316) in Ticonderoga, NY
- Engine Front Cover Gasket Replacement ($1,546 - $1,932) in Liberty, NY