took car for a drive. everything worked fine. made a pit stop. cut car off & left for approx 15 mins. returned to vehicle & car started fine. mmi started but no sound no matter the selection. pulled over after driving for approx 5 mins. shut engine off and restarted hoping that would fix the issue. now mmi screen does not boot. just a blank screen. initiated the mmi reboot process. screen attempted to boot but failed. also while driving there is a clicking noise coming from the trunk. the noise only occurs when i press any buttons related to the mmi. before that day these issues never occurred. a few days later i go out to the car in the morning and realize the car wont start. an assisted jump was needed. i assumed it may have been the battery but when i went to have it replaced i had a test run on it and learned that the battery was good. i fear that it may be the alternator. i am baffled as to how an alternator could be failing on a 6yr old vehicle.
can the mmi cause a parasitic drain on my electrical system? on 2007 Audi A8 Quattro
This week's top 10
Recent Audi A8 Quattro Questions
- Hi hope one of my Audi brothers could help me out my Audi left front wheel .
- Parking Brake warning light. Pushrod: doyou think it is as simple as brake fluid
- How can parking brake warning light problem be checked out. Vehicle moves freely
- burned smell
- I have a constant buzzing sound that stays on when releasing foot off bre
2007 Audi A8 Quattro Estimates
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($95 - 125) in Vowinckel, PA
- Radiator Replacement ($881 - 1,012) in Mountain Rest, SC
- Maintenance Service B ($242 - 361) in Elton, LA
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($2,326 - 2,867) in Ely, NV
- Engine Leak Inspection ($88 - 111) in New Bern, NC
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($692 - 822) in Grady, NM