compressor is making a loud squalling noise and the pulley is wobbly. Dont want the expense of fixing the compressor. Would like to bypass the compressor with a shorter belt IF that wouldn't cause other problems. If that is possible, do you know a possible belt number to use?
can i bypass the a/c compressor with a shorter belt to only run the alternator? on 1990 Toyota Camry
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Camry Questions
- Could my ignition switch be stuck in the cranking position
- Could the ignition switch, be stuck in the cranking position, or shorted out?
- Back seat floor carpets are getting wet more behind driver seat side. windows OK
- steering wheel moves up and down freely. I heard a snap and the wheel spins.
- My ODO and engine light is on, what is the problem?
1990 Toyota Camry Estimates
- Valve Adjustment ($332 - 440) in Lenoxville, PA
- 105,000 Mile Service ($167 - 240) in Helena, AR
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($171 - 300) in Vernon Hills, IL
- 35,000 Mile Service ($53 - 96) in Clarks Hill, SC
- Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement ($160 - 357) in Columbus, PA
- Power Steering System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in River Edge, NJ