An intermittent grinding noise comes from the rear end. This only happens during a light acceleration - just above maintaining a speed, and only happens between 35 and 45 m.p.h., so it seems to be a harmonic. The effect has been around for over a year, and has not deteriorated (or improved). I have checked the U.J.'s and bearings, they seem to be OK.
Can anybody identify a rear end grinding noise on a 1998 XJ8. on 1998 Jaguar XJ8
This week's top 10
Recent Jaguar XJ8 Questions
- Sometimes my car says cruise control not available
- My car lis leaking coolant and motor oil leak . Should i take it to the Jaguar D
- What needs to be checked when you get an error message for a park brake fault?
- restriced profromance, indicators light, amber in color, started after adding ga
- Tested Generator, battery and cables. All Good. Why won't Battery charge
1998 Jaguar XJ8 Estimates
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Coatesville, IN
- 40,000 Mile Service ($118 - 192) in Fletcher, NC
- Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement ($96 - 119) in Ashland, MO
- Thermostat Replacement ($135 - 219) in Drums, PA
- Power Steering System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Templeton, PA
- Engine Mount Replacement ($274 - 308) in Summerland Key, FL