An intermittent grinding noise comes from the rear end. This only happens during a light acceleration - just above maintaining a speed, and only happens between 35 and 45 m.p.h., so it seems to be a harmonic. The effect has been around for over a year, and has not deteriorated (or improved). I have checked the U.J.'s and bearings, they seem to be OK.
Can anybody identify a rear end grinding noise on a 1998 XJ8. on 1998 Jaguar XJ8
This week's top 10
Recent Jaguar XJ8 Questions
- What happens to a transmission when you burn the motor up
- fail safe mode came on car want start. Then started after 5 mins.
- Is it OK for the fan to run for 3 min after the car is turned off?
- Sometimes my car says cruise control not available
- My car lis leaking coolant and motor oil leak . Should i take it to the Jaguar D
1998 Jaguar XJ8 Estimates
- Alternator Replacement ($508 - 902) in Coatesville, IN
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($347 - 448) in Fletcher, NC
- Brake Pad Replacement ($169 - 249) in Ashland, MO
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Drums, PA
- Engine Mount Replacement ($388 - 452) in Templeton, PA
- Vibration Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Summerland Key, FL