An intermittent grinding noise comes from the rear end. This only happens during a light acceleration - just above maintaining a speed, and only happens between 35 and 45 m.p.h., so it seems to be a harmonic. The effect has been around for over a year, and has not deteriorated (or improved). I have checked the U.J.'s and bearings, they seem to be OK.
Can anybody identify a rear end grinding noise on a 1998 XJ8. on 1998 Jaguar XJ8
This week's top 10
Recent Jaguar XJ8 Questions
- restriced profromance, indicators light, amber in color, started after adding ga
- Tested Generator, battery and cables. All Good. Why won't Battery charge
- How can fuel leak into the crankcase other than threw leaking fuel injectors?
- How important is it for me to use premium gasoline?
- How much does a fuel pump and fuel pump harness cost?.