An intermittent grinding noise comes from the rear end. This only happens during a light acceleration - just above maintaining a speed, and only happens between 35 and 45 m.p.h., so it seems to be a harmonic. The effect has been around for over a year, and has not deteriorated (or improved). I have checked the U.J.'s and bearings, they seem to be OK.
Can anybody identify a rear end grinding noise on a 1998 XJ8. on 1998 Jaguar XJ8
This week's top 10
Recent Jaguar XJ8 Questions
- How much does a fuel pump and fuel pump harness cost?.
- What causes Fan Motor to continue to run (5-15 mins) after engine is shut off?
- Where is the cabin filter located
- 3 faults occur at the same time park brake failure DSC not avail engine syst
- trunk is releasing with fob, dash button and manual but will not unlatch?