I OWN A DODGE INTREPID 96 I TOOK OFF IN MY CAR THE OTHER DAY FOR THE FIRST SIX TO SEVEN MILES THE TRANSMISSION SHIFT FINE WHEN I CAME TO A STOP THE TRANSMISSION DID NOT SHIFT DOWN PROPERLY IT SHIFTED STRAIGHT IN TO FIRST AND STAYED IN FIRST NO MATTER WHAT I DONE I CAN LET THE CAR COOL DOWN AND IT DOES THE SAME THING EVERY TIME. I THINK IT MIGHT BE THE MODULATOR VALVE BUT I'M NOT SURE IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA PLEASE LET ME KNOW..UPDATE-- changed TCM, doing same thing & still no chk engine light coming on.
CAN A TRANS SHOP RUN TEST ON A TCM OUT OF THE CAR TO MAKE SURE IT'S GOOD? on 1996 Dodge Intrepid
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Intrepid Questions
- What is causing my air conditioner to make a squealing noise?
- The trunk lid is very heavy and slams shut. How do I prevent this?
- Why does the passenger side front wheel make a thumping noise while driving.
- What is causing my car to overheat if I have enough coolant?
- If my transmission fluid starts to leak, what could be unplugged or broken?