2007 Nissan Altima Q&A

2007 Nissan Altima Question: Can a 2007 Altima 2.5S with under 70,000 miles have a transmission problem?

I have a whirring(if that's a word)/rubbing sound everytime I step on the gas. AAMOCO says I need a new transmission. Another mechanic says the can rebuild or give a new one... Should i just go back to Nissan for a diagnostic testing. They charge just to look at the car! In my opinion this car is too young for a transmission problem? How could this have happened? -
Take the car to the dealer they should replace it for free. They are known for having short life spans. -
Get another opnion! Does trans. shift ok? How does the fluid look and smell? Look blackish and smell brunt? Noise all the time or just when you "step on the gas"? I have several customers with this car and no problems at all, but there are exceptions to every rule. And as a rule this is a pretty good car! -
are you cvered under extended warranty. have you serviced trans while you have had car -
Nissan does not recommend servicing that trans. Theres a lot of people who say theyre techs and just want to make money. Another common problem with that year is wheel bearings. Just replaced both sides on my moms 06 and my buddys 07. have em check that out. -