Can a 2007 Altima 2.5S with under 70,000 miles have a transmission problem? on 2007 Nissan Altima

I have a whirring(if that's a word)/rubbing sound everytime I step on the gas. AAMOCO says I need a new transmission. Another mechanic says the can rebuild or give a new one... Should i just go back to Nissan for a diagnostic testing. They charge just to look at the car! In my opinion this car is too young for a transmission problem? How could this have happened?

by in Brooklyn, NY on December 05, 2012
4 answers
ANSWER by on December 05, 2012
Take the car to the dealer they should replace it for free. They are known for having short life spans.
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiateReply
ANSWER by on December 06, 2012
Get another opnion! Does trans. shift ok? How does the fluid look and smell? Look blackish and smell brunt? Noise all the time or just when you "step on the gas"? I have several customers with this car and no problems at all, but there are exceptions to every rule. And as a rule this is a pretty good car!
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiateReply
ANSWER by on December 06, 2012
are you cvered under extended warranty. have you serviced trans while you have had car
ANSWER by on April 14, 2013
Nissan does not recommend servicing that trans. Theres a lot of people who say theyre techs and just want to make money. Another common problem with that year is wheel bearings. Just replaced both sides on my moms 06 and my buddys 07. have em check that out.