This has been the best car I have ever owned however at 120,000 miles the camshaft sprockets began to make terrible noise on cold start. I had them replaced but the engine had to be torn apart to get at them. I have changed the oil every 3,000 miles and take care of this car like a baby. It shouldn't have happened and even the dealer said as much. Unfortunately the warranty was long over and it cost me $4300. These sprockets had extruding bolts on them and the replacement sprockets were redesigned without the large bolts extruding. Has anyone else experienced this?
Camshft Sprockets on 2002 Infiniti I35
This week's top 10
Recent Infiniti I35 Questions
- A slight rattling noise when I relwase the gaa pedal and excell
- Car driving in 1st shift drives like I'm hauling a house (maybe and small car), but drives great in 3rd. What does this mean, is it suppose to be driven in 3rd? Or is that a sign of a major problem unfolding?
- told need oil cooler and pressure switch...estimate, please
- Will your shop installed parts purchased by the car owner and brought into the shop?
- How do I change the interior and map lights in my car