This has been the best car I have ever owned however at 120,000 miles the camshaft sprockets began to make terrible noise on cold start. I had them replaced but the engine had to be torn apart to get at them. I have changed the oil every 3,000 miles and take care of this car like a baby. It shouldn't have happened and even the dealer said as much. Unfortunately the warranty was long over and it cost me $4300. These sprockets had extruding bolts on them and the replacement sprockets were redesigned without the large bolts extruding. Has anyone else experienced this?
Camshft Sprockets on 2002 Infiniti I35
This week's top 10
Recent Infiniti I35 Questions
- car wont start, car seems to act like its not in gear. Any ideas?
- Car will try to start but won't crank could it b anti theif,relay ??????.
- where is the ac switch located
- My Car will not accelerate over 80mph ,-the check engine light isnt on.. help?
- A slight rattling noise when I relwase the gaa pedal and excell