Reviews for Cadillac Seville SLS years:

Cadillac Seville SLS Reviews and Owner Comments

Cadillac Seville SLSOwner Reviews (15 reviews)
    Visitor, Durham, NC, February 26, 2013 07:25
    I have to say, that I owned an 85 Deville and it was one of the best cars I had ever own at the time (1996). But after have a few problem with the trans, then having it repaired, the car hadn't been right since. Years later, I searched for anothe Caddy and came across my "97" SLS. I could not be happier. I love the ride, the look and just pure enjoyment when I drive it, either in the city or o the highway, which is the best. One reviewer wrote about driving the car fast and furious...he is right. The sound that it makes when you step (put your foot in it) on the gas petal is just awesome. The Northstar opens up and responds. I feel like I am in a spaceship, going into light speed. I try not doing that to much...troopers everywhere and I don't think they would understand, unless you let the try driving that car for themselves. I do believe they will give up that crownvic with out a problem.
  • 2000 Cadillac Seville SLS
    Visitor, Dallas, TX, January 25, 2013 18:54
    Water keep falling out
  • 2002 Cadillac Seville SLS
    Tost, Indianapolis, IN, January 12, 2013 20:03
    Love the ride, good gas mileage. I can avg 14 in city and 27 + on highway. lots of power when you need it. The traction control light was on but was a electral problem. Ihave had it since 2004 and now has 0ver 160,000. Any small issues I had were covered by extended 100,000 warrenty. This week I found trans fluid on drive way and it needed fluid. I am hopeing I will not need a new trans, it is shifting fine. A new trans will chang my rating somewhat. I think a new trans is $2,400.
  • 1996 Cadillac Seville SLS
    Visitor, Little Rock, AR, December 06, 2012 12:39
    This is the best kind of Cadillac i have ever had and i am very pleased with it i havent had any problem with it at all and im looking forward to getting a few more cars like this one and my father also has a car like that one he has stuck with Cadillac his while time Cadillac Honda Lincoln Chevy soo who ever has this kind of car i know u are very pleased and i know u love the sound system that is inside of this car and make sure if you sell sale it for the right price
    Visitor, Dallas, TX, November 09, 2012 23:30
    I love the car. I stand firmly beside GM and Cadillac. The Northstar has a bad reputation but on the contrary it is a well put together engine,and will last 200,00+ if treated and driven the the Fast luxury cars they are.
    Visitor, Branford, CT, November 27, 2011 15:05
    Among the several electrical problems I have with this car (doors locking and not unlocking, the trunk popping up randomly) I have a new problem with the alarm. My car alarm will go off randomly, if I lock it and try to unlock it, it will not unlock, and when I use the actual door key the alarm goes off. Even when I do not lock the car, I will get out and shut the door, setting the alarm off, which I didn't even set. At first I thought the key battery was dying, but now I am not too sure.
  • 1995 Cadillac Seville SLS
    Visitor, New Franklin, MO, August 06, 2011 00:25
    Pretty smooth ride. But I have had alot of problems with the aternator.. radiator.. brake lines... etc.. Awesome car.. but man the repairs addin up fast..
  • 2002 Cadillac Seville SLS
    Visitor, Tempe, AZ, December 08, 2010 08:56
    I have had the caddy for about 2 years now and it has a little over 130,000 miles on it. Im hitting a ruff patch in maintenance: brakes, radiator, ac, front axle, I seem to blow through lights, oil, head gasket... thats just the major problems... I love this car but damn...
  • 1996 Cadillac Seville SLS
    Visitor, Pearland, TX, October 03, 2010 10:43
    car hauls! tranny great. a/c o.k.air shocks really coastly to fix.body and trim still in perfect cond.118,000 miles 16 mpg city 24 hwy.
  • 1995 Cadillac Seville SLS
    Visitor, Dekalb, IL, August 10, 2010 22:16
    Bout it about 2 years ago. Has 190000 miles now. Runs like a champ after tune up and replacing a couple sensors. Runs better than when I got it. Very clean. Still turns heads.
    Visitor, Union, KY, July 04, 2010 20:15
    Engine is made to fail in a major way between 80,000 to 100,000 miles and if G M can't do any better they need to fail. At least Toyota would have recalled this problem and fixed it but G M keeps sweeping their problems under the rug. I love the shape of the car but can't keep up with it breaking down. I will not own another G M again.
  • 1999 Cadillac Seville SLS
    Visitor, Naples, FL, July 02, 2010 05:35
    love the car
  • 1999 Cadillac Seville SLS
    Visitor, Mc Kees Rocks, PA, May 04, 2010 10:01
    V8 is great... has great gas milage.
    Nhopkins, Irving, TX, February 20, 2010 10:24
    The '94 version of transverse NorthStar is an absolute racehorse. It is a thoroughbred. It will flat crawl up and get naked with you! I mean it is STOUT! I'm the original owner of my Seville SLS. 147,000 miles! Only 3 tuneups. I broke the engine mounts twice (I think from hard accelerating) . I think this is a very weak component in the engine compartment. Oil & filter every 3,000 miles The brakes and suspension work well when functioning properly. Air suspension parts are VERY expensive. around $9,000 Rear deck pull down motor broke. Dealer wanted $275 to replace it. My local mech. changed the switch for $10. CD player only lasted a couple of years. Suggest third party CD/nav unit replacement. On the highway, the engine creeps up to 85 without even thinking! Not a bad thing. Just use cruise control. It will accelerate effortlessly. One complaint about the HVAC. This applies to many cars I own but especially this model. I can't control where the air flows. If I want it on my feet, I can't direct it there. The controls are all automatic. It blows the air where the car wants it. Of course I can switch to defrost but if I want the hot air from the heater to blow out the AC vents and on my face....can't do it. This car drove like a dream when new. It must be maintained properly to continue that ride. Very expensive parts. There are cheaper aftermarket non-air systems but I prefer my car to remain stock. I'm 6 ft 6 inches tall. Very comfortable car with lots of knee, hip, and head room. (no moonroof) MPG new was 29mpg on hwy. Currently getting 21-25 on hwy (note: 147,000 miles) Engine is still VERY strong. Front wheel drive is very stable. I love this car. $34,999 off the showroom floor in 1994
    ducky101, Baytown, TX, November 16, 2009 08:23
    The race-bred Northstar engine is awesome. It will spank a 5.0 Mustang and yet still gets 25 mpg hwy. Comfortable interior and ergonomic controls. The PCM wiring cracks easy and develops shorts/ground problems. Suspension is great...when it works properly. I recommend switching to the passive suspension components. Overall a very good car.