Cadillac Eldorado Reviews

Cadillac Eldorado Reviews and Owner Comments

Great car, gas mileage and the ride is the greatest but the heat exchange box deter rated in the engine compartment, temp repair fixed the problem, but I can imagine the cost to replace the box would be.
Love my car; few repairs. Wish this model was updated.
brake pedal will not release how do I fix it and all four are disc pads ?
This is the best car I have ever owned, I am 54 years old ... my whole life wanted this typ of car, so glad I waited to by this model and year... repair is very low cost, it is still # 1 in style in usa.. wish the would bring back the eldorado...
Hello my name is Kirk...I own a 1998 Eldoradao ETC. Love the car, I've had it for over 13 or 14 years now, I was the 2nd owner. However,the car has been a money pit for me off an on over the years. But, sense I like the car so much, I always made sure it was maintain no matter what, moreover now I'm having a chronic issue with the ABS- electronic brake system. The system engages or cycles when it does not have to potentially causing an accident if someone is following closely or tail-gating. I've the dealership and other mechanics trouble shoot with little resolution due to GM has stop making the ABS-control module for this type car. I also just replaced it with a used one from the Junk Yard with no luck, this has also cause the (service engine soon light) to come on....If anybody have any Ideas Pls let me know...Kirk E-mail address: Fronzakirkp@yahoo.com
brake lights work n back window but no were else
blower motor on air conditioner and heater comes on by its self while setting in the garage ,runs the battery down
Killer caddy! Excellent ride with great lines. I wish the block was iron to ease rebuilding. Overall, cool ride.
I love my '96. it has the smoothest ride of any car I've ever driven. picked her up for a good price too. she has a lot of power, and accelerates very quickly. get a lot of compliments from old people. and girls love my car i call it the panty dropper.
I was surprised to see there were never any recalls on this car. Almost every review online has an engine oil leak, security system failure of some sort, seat malfunction of some sort and the soft close trunk breaks. Other than that, a solid, strong car, great in the snow, amazing pickup and just looks like a sharp Caddy. Has its problems but I wouldn't trade it.
Just landed a 60,000 mile eldorado from a grandson of the original owner! Nice ride as expected, has a few blemishes, but overall very nice! I am once again stoked about my ride!
i want to no how much it cost to fix a broken exhaust.on my caddy it fells like no muffler is on the car but it is..? it is just to loud.. and my car over heat what can be that be from??
1999 Cadillac Eldorado ETC, with 52000 mile,has a loud knocking in the lifters at start up then slowly goes away as it warms up, with the low miles makes me wonder! anybody else having this problem? also the oil level seems to be all over the place, check prior to start it's fine, short drive, let it sit then it's down over half, then re check after short drive, it shows over full? I have worked on my own vehicles for 30 years never seen anything like this...
I have a 1992 Cadillac Eldorado and other than by passing the anti theft device, the only other trouble I have had is the heater blower fan works sometimes and sometimes not, the car was given to me by my Nephew that was in the final stages of cancer, since deceased, because he figured his kids would just turn it into a junk yard special, it runs great handles like a dream. uses only premium fuel, but is worth the comfort.
1999 caddy was working in idaho and kids still in las vegas drove down every weekend for over 4 months.Moved to texas drove it down and is still my daily driver little oil leak but paid 3000 for her and with closing in on 200,000 miles is going strong.
1993 cadillac eldorado it has anti theft issues. it will not turn over with the key.I can jump the starter cylinoid across and it will start if the fuel relay is disconnected and it stays running until I try to put the relay back in and then it dies because the #1 cylinder fills up with fuel. then it won't turn over unless I take the spark plug out of #1 cylinder and remove the fuel
this is my second 1991 eldo. i just found one with 66,000 miles. before these eldos i had a 91 toronado this car was handed down to 3 new drivers. the car would not quit. my friend has a 91 rivera with 246,000 miles on it. this is 3rd 91 riv. gm did something right with these models.
I lucked into a 1996 Eldorado Touring Edition with only 82k on her. Garage kept, everything works perfectly and the car runs and handles exceptionally. I personally think my 96' looks as good or better than the STS that Cadillac puts out now. It looks more like a real Caddillac. Amazing features, decent gas mileage average about 16 in town 20.5 on the highway. Every black dude I pass gives me a dirty look... so I know I am pimpin' strong.
the worst Cady i Have Owned 6 years 2 alt 3 batteries And if it rains the battery is dead
Awesome car, love the power, ride & handling ! Expensive to maintain, especially once the oil leaks develop, however when compared to the cost / payment of a new vehicle, my 96 Touring Coupe wins the debate hands down, LOVE THIS CAR !!
IT'S A CADILLAC IF YOU LIKE THE IMAGE THAT GOES ALONG WITH COMFORT AND A SMOOTH POWERFULL ENGINE GET IT. YES IT'S BAD ON GAS BUT ONLY IN THE CITY. YES THE REPAIRS ARE COSTLY,BUT YOU'RE NOT DRIVING A CHEVY. THINGS WILL BREAK JUST LIKE ON EVERY OTHER 11 Y. OLD CAR,BUT REMEMBER IT'S A CADILLAC AND WHO EVER GOT THIS CAR BACK IN '97 HAD TO PAY 45.000 TO 48.000 FOR IT.
Great Car..replaced fuel injectors...mass air flow sensor 71,000 miles and still running strong
Great power & smooth ride but initially had a few problems w/delco battery(replaced 3 in 7 yrs); replaced window/steering stability switches in first 4 yrs, but covered under warranty; reset AC compressor restart codes due to freon/ac oil leaks; recently vent blower fan went out..of course car is 13 yrs/I'm original owner! Still Luv it though, can't beat its handling & mountain of features/gadgets/comfort/Bose stereo system!!
the worst car i ever owend overheating, rear susspention no good,what a pieace of junk, stalling
This has been a great car to own. Have had some trouble with the A/C system, and now a rough idle problem but overall a wonderful car to drive. The northstar engine has 113,000 on it and is still dry and does not use oil. I do regular oil changes at the indicated intervals and always use premium fuel. Recently changed plugs but the ones I took out looked like the ones I put in and I know they are the original plugs. The water pump went out about 4000 miles ago but that was both c heap and easy to replace myself. I have been replacing hoses, (vaccum and water), when I can as they seem to be getting hard and brittle with the heat associated with the florida panhandle weather. Dash has some heat cracks forming as well. Great vehicle overall.
Fantastic car - I wish that they still mede them or at least something comparable but they don't.
best car i ever owned. 300,000 mi. on it and the only thing i replaced was the altinater and the gas and oil.
Owned several Caddy's Tested several others. If you could afford and XLR Great! That's the only thing that beats my 02 Eldo.
this is like a caddy vette crosover lots of guts rides smooth and handles like a dream
I tolly agree with Chitown,this is a wonderful machine.I look at new CTS and say baby is just your Hertiage!!!!!!!!!