Cadillac Eldorado Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Cadillac Eldorado
- Engine has a ticking noise coming from top of engine, right side of engine.
- I can only get heat on the drivers side the passenger side blows cold air out,
- Cost to install a Jasper engine in my 99 Cadillac El Dorado
- I have a 1986 Cadillac Eldorado. How do I change the amber turn signal?
- why is the auto matic levler causing the rear end to rise to high
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Cadillac Eldorado Problems
Problems with anti-theft systems using the raised-chip key can prevent the car from starting. The wires in the steering column to the ignition lock cylinder tend to break. The key and ignition lock cylinder should be replaced to correct this condition.
The trunk pull down switch may fail causing the trunk lid not to close completely. Our technicians tell us that the failed switch can be replaced without changing the complete pull down motor assembly.
The engine may develop an oil leak from the lower crankcase portion of the engine block. Our technicians tell us that the engine must be removed from the vehicle to properly repair this oil leak.
Cadillac Eldorado Questions
Can you give me an estimate for installing a Jasper engine including cost/labor?
I have noise coming from my alternator
a/c clutch is making noise
Cadillac Eldorado Recalls
GM has recalled 1995-1997 Cadillac Deville, Eldorado, Seville, and Oldsmobile Aurora vehicles because the fuel rail and fuel system return line may crack and leak fuel. In the presence of an ignition source, a fuel leak may result in a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel rail and return line.
The inner tie rod nuts may be loose. This may cause detachment of the steering linkage and a loss of steering control. Dealers will inspect and secure the tie rod nuts. Dealers will also check and adjust the toe setting of the wheel alignment.
Cadillac has recalled 1995 DeVille, Eldorado, and Seville vehicles because the air bags may deploy inadvertently. The air bag sensing and diagnostic module may experience water intrusion, which may cause the system to malfunction. Dealers will clean the exterior case of the sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) and apply a potting compound to the SDM case and electrical connector body.
Cadillac Eldorado Reviews
1999 Cadillac Eldorado ETC, with 52000 mile,has a loud knocking in the lifters at start up then slowly goes away as it warms up, with the low miles makes me wonder! anybody else having this problem? also the oil level seems to be all over the place, check prior to start it's fine, short drive, let it sit then it's down over half, then re check after short drive, it shows over full? I have work...
I lucked into a 1996 Eldorado Touring Edition with only 82k on her. Garage kept, everything works perfectly and the car runs and handles exceptionally. I personally think my 96' looks as good or better than the STS that Cadillac puts out now. It looks more like a real Caddillac. Amazing features, decent gas mileage average about 16 in town 20.5 on the highway. Every black dude I pass giv...
IT'S A CADILLAC IF YOU LIKE THE IMAGE THAT GOES ALONG WITH COMFORT AND A SMOOTH POWERFULL ENGINE GET IT. YES IT'S BAD ON GAS BUT ONLY IN THE CITY. YES THE REPAIRS ARE COSTLY,BUT YOU'RE NOT DRIVING A CHEVY. THINGS WILL BREAK JUST LIKE ON EVERY OTHER 11 Y. OLD CAR,BUT REMEMBER IT'S A CADILLAC AND WHO EVER GOT THIS CAR BACK IN '97 HAD TO PAY 45.000 TO 48.000 FOR IT.