Cadillac Catera Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Cadillac Catera
- White smoke comes out of tail pipe while idling or accelerating.
- Interior lights will not come on regularly.
- Sun Shade will not let down on rear window. Just clicks.
- Hard to steer. No leaks visible around the Power Steering pump. Fluid is full.
- The blower blows cold air when I turn on my heat...even on 90*. What's wrong?
Cadillac Catera Problems
The crankshaft position sensor may fail causing the engine to stall while driving and/or will crank but not start, especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance.
On the automatic transmission models, the shift lever may not shift completely into "Park". This can result in the key being stuck in the ignition lock cylinder. Care should be taken to insure the shift lever fully engages the "Park" position. Replacing the shifter may be necessary to correct this concern.
Cadillac Catera Questions
Cadillac Catera Reviews
Power steering almost completely non effective. Steers extremely hard.
this is the red headed stepchild of caddy gm. it was the caddy that zagged. this is the result of gm buying opel of europe. it is called a opel omega in germany and a vauxhaul in england. for the money you cant get a better car. i have owned for three years, and am the second owner. i knew the issues with the timing belt etc. that is why when i bought the car, i got an extended warranty. the ...