We have begun to smell a burning odor frequently with our VW. The temperature gauge does not show hot, but if the heater is on, the inside of the car just smells burny. If you don't have the heater on, when you step out of the car, you still smell the burny odor. Had it checked a while back and were told we ran over a grocery bag, but the odor continues.
Burning Odor on 2002 Volkswagen Passat
Asked by for the 2002 Volkswagen Passat
2 answersAugust 10, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Passat Questions
- vibration at cruising speed 65-75
- Fixed head gasket car temp. gauge is in middle turn off car leaks out of bottle
- My question is that it is showing Inspection Now.
- When check engine light goes on at 70,000 What service is due and how much ?
- My Passat alarm is going off even after I use my key to unlock it and wobt start
2002 Volkswagen Passat Estimates
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($437 - $597) in Charleston, AR
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($142 - $193) in Edina, MO
- Oil Pump Replacement ($687 - $921) in Saukville, WI
- Tire Rotation ($26 - $34) in Genoa, AR
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($1,302 - $1,813) in Cherryfield, ME
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($277 - $332) in Townsville, NC