Reviews for Buick Rainier years:

Buick Rainier Reviews and Owner Comments

Buick RainierOwner Reviews (18 reviews)
    Visitor, Oneida, WI, July 08, 2013 13:17
    have dtc po410 code 4.2 engine any answers
    Visitor, Bloomfield, NJ, June 23, 2013 16:00
    I have had suspension problems, gas gauge problems and now thermostat problems. I have replaced the temperature sensor which caused temperature to jump all over the place. Started out stuck at 50 degrees, now climbs to 120 degrees. Problem is the air conditioner stops working when reading changes radically, up and down. I am a cardiac patient with asthma and emphysema and cannot ride in the extreme heat without a reliable source of cooling. When it works, it cools beautifully, but doesn't last. It is so sporadic, I can not rely on it. What can I do? Seems electronics are a big problem.
    Visitor, Fresno, CA, April 03, 2013 11:53
    I have had this vehicle for 2 + yrs it had 101,592 miles on it when I first got stuck with it. Since then I had to have the valve cover gasket replaced ($378) (intake manifold also had to be replaced), at 103,692 miles the transmission failed, it had to be rebuilt ($3012.80)it was determined that when assembled by GM they assembled it was not aligned properly at factory, then the thermostst went out (cost $239), when thermostat went the gauge in instrument panel stoped working it had to be sent to location to be fixed. Since I've had this vehicle it has done nothing but fail. Iwill not buy or reommend a Buick to anyone!
    Visitor, Louisville, KY, February 06, 2013 02:23
    bought a 2004 with 53,000 miles on it did'nt have any major issues until 90,000 miles.waterpump,belts,air suspenson, nice vehicle, Iwould get it again if I needed a vehicle.
    Visitor, Kent, WA, December 24, 2011 20:16
    I need a repair on the rear air springs, the air compressor has failed causing the rear suspension to sit low. I also need to get the front Differential rebuilt. Has anyone had any of these repairs done and at what cost???
    Visitor, Deland, FL, November 19, 2011 08:49
    I love my Buick Rainer CXL! Only problem I have is I can't find a Chilton's manual!!
    Visitor, Raleigh, NC, November 16, 2011 18:02
    I started having problems with my 2005 buick rainier shortly after purchasing the car. When you press the brakes sometimes the car will fish tail and have failed twice. The Buick dealership I purchased the car from fixed the issue and pretended it was never a problem because the insurance company called after I had an accident and the brakes failed. The other problems started after reaching 100,000 miles. It has been a complete mess that Buick seems to ignore. It started with the gas needle fluctuating. I fixed it last year. Buick recalled it this year. Next, the oil needle fluctuates, the check engine light is on majority of the time due to the fuel cap. The hvac blower got stuck on high, repaired that. Now the heat comes on by itself sometimes. Let's not forget the rear air springs issue. I will replace that next. Several of the controls went out but the fuse is not blown. Complete mess of a car.
  • 2007 Buick Rainier
    Visitor, Midland, MI, October 31, 2011 20:29
    In August, 2011 a clicking sound was heard in the area of the rear passenger wheel. Restarting the car seemed to solve it. However, in a few minutes the clicking sound could be heard again. Suddenly, the problem seemed to disappear, until this past weekend when it started up again. When I tried to start the car Sunday morning, the battery was dead. The Buick dealer said they don't know what causes the clicking sound. Does anyone? Help?
    Visitor, Fond Du Lac, WI, August 01, 2011 16:27
    2004 Rainier was a great car until about 85000 miles then everything seemed to hit, air ride failed, sensor problems, air blower fan, cd player, power seats, great gas mileage though. about 21 on the highway
    Visitor, Stevensville, MI, May 12, 2011 12:20
    I purchased my Rainier new in 2006. I now have over 195,000 miles on the vehicle. It's been an incredible vehicle. The best vehicle I've owned. The only reason I'm at this site is because I can't find the low pressure port to charge my AC.
    Visitor, Alexandria, VA, October 20, 2010 19:20
    Bought my 2004 Rainier used with 28,000 miles on it, in 2006. I strive to take care of my vehicle with routine preventive maintenance however, despite my efforts I've had major issues with this lemon since shortly after purchasing it. I've had to replace every major component of the front suspension, the catalytic converter failed at 84,000 miles, causing an issue with the exhaust manifold, and now the head gasket leaks. Not to mention the speedometer doesn't work and passenger window motor died. This is the worst vehicle I've ever owned. I will never buy another Buick product!
    Visitor, West Liberty, KY, October 16, 2010 19:34
    A real car and truck , low noise inside really pretty car nice ride has no problems at all.
    Visitor, Clearwater, FL, September 01, 2010 09:31
    It has been a great car except for the rear suspension system! No standard shocks. It has and air bag system in the place of shocks. You can hear it pumping up occasionally. When it fails it is costly to fix as the whole rear end sinks to within a couple of feet off the road surface. Standard shocks are a much better/cheaper system!
    Visitor, Saratoga Springs, NY, May 25, 2010 12:57
    Love the Ranier. Only problem is recent. The air conditioner and heater has intermittent blower issues.
    Visitor, Leavenworth, WA, April 18, 2010 17:37
    bought with 2000 miles on it in 2005, have not had any major problems. Syill has original tires, original brakes. Modell is ccl with all wheel drive. Would buy again,
    Love My Buick, New Bern, NC, January 28, 2010 20:23
    I love my Rainier. I have purchased it new in 2006 and have 30,000 miles. It has never had any repairs. I change the oil and rotate the tires regularly. It is very comfortable and it get about 21.6 mpg on the highway.
    ranier04, Montgomery, IL, July 02, 2009 18:50
    I have owned since 04 and i love it. i do lots of camping and has space for 3 with regular maint. i havn't had any problems
    ZachTurf, Philadelphia, PA, January 19, 2009 08:30
    I sometimes borrow my brothers ranier when i need to take the kids to basketball tournaments. the design is good and holds 6 comfortable. I had a problem with the engines fuel pump fuse on a trip. they found a problem with the pump too and replaced it under warranty. i think the engine has given him other problems. I told him not to buy a Buick.