Reviews for Buick Lucerne years:

Buick Lucerne Reviews and Owner Comments

Buick LucerneOwner Reviews (19 reviews)
  • 2011 Buick Lucerne
    Visitor, Medford, MA, June 19, 2014 11:54
    I like the car but the mileage really stinks, 18 mpg is not exactly my cup of tea, however, like I said, I like the car, now if only I can figure out the bluetooth telephone system in it, I'd be over. I've yet to find someone who has figured it out. I guess I'll have to try a GM repair store.
    Visitor, Holbrook, NY, April 15, 2014 14:50
    I bought my 2007 Lucerne used with almost 27K miles. I now have over 94K. I love the reliability of this car (hope I didn't jinx myself). I love the roomy interior. My only complaints are the lack of glove compartment space and the blind spots. The many airbags take up a good bit of room and I notice quite a few blind spots. Only other problem was the tail lights, they seemed to go quicker than normal and it is a pain to replace them. I wish Buick still made the car
  • 2009 Buick Lucerne
    Visitor, Owings Mills, MD, April 01, 2014 12:56
    Just spent $286 to replace headlamps bulbs ! Also, driver's interior plastic door handle broke. All insides must be replaced at a cost of $800 !
    Visitor, Dallas, TX, February 28, 2014 20:42
    I have an 08 lucerne cxs with the north star engine. When I first purchased it was a dream to drive and then it hit 50k miles and everything went wrong. First some relay kept going out because the voltage was set too high that ran me a grand. The next problem an oil leak near the crank shaft that blew the oil back onto the engine therefore I never knew the oil was leaking and burned the engine up. Now the a/c works on the passenger side when the heater is on and when want the a/c it only works on the driver side. For a $40k car its noisy I made the mistake of leaving my Deville to go to this Buick. If you are considering this vehicle please reconsider.
    coolcue, Saint Paul, MN, January 31, 2014 23:01
    The back door on one side will not open and on the other side won't close. This is one hack of a problem that I need to solve.
  • 2009 Buick Lucerne
    rich835, Port Salerno, FL, January 03, 2014 16:21
    We were out & car would not start, had it towed to a mechanic, he replaced fuel pump Then found relay switch melted in fuse box, replaced that & it started, we went to get , it ran about 12 miles & just quit again , had it towed again to another garage,& was diagnosised as needing a fuse box finally found a fuse box put it in , now running again. after spending $1500.00 We found on internet that GM had recalled 2009 Lucerne but was told it was not our vin. no.altho it was the same problem as ours, they put a harness on it, to solve the problem so I think it is GM's fault.
  • 2010 Buick Lucerne
    Visitor, Port Saint Lucie, FL, November 24, 2013 19:17
    this is my 2nd lucerne .. nice size comfortable .good on gas..wish buick still had a car of this size.
    Visitor, Novi, MI, August 19, 2012 09:19
    I bought my 2007 lucerne used.1year ago, I currently have 70k miles and am starting to have buyers remorse. It burns oil, i have added oil after 2k on more than 1 occasion. I have a 2005 grandprix w/180k miles I have always gotten oil changes at about 6k-7k miles and only had to add oil 2x in 8yrs and that was when I failed to get it changed after 6k miles. In my buick I am occasionally smelling fumes not sure what it is but I remembered smelling it as a child in my grandparents cars. My interior lights are barely working including the steerig wheel lights radio etc. I keep losing air in my tires more frequently than I know I should. A buck has ben my dream car and Im growing concerns about that. Oh yeah my passenger side door mirror(glass & frame) popped off while driving and now I have to replace the entire mirror thats the housing included.
    Visitor, Indianapolis, IN, May 23, 2012 09:48
    My 2008 Buick Lucerne, V8, is nearing 100,000 miles and it is time for a whole bunch of maintenance and repair items, well over 1,000.00 worth of repairs/maintenance. I am very satisfied with it and it is about to go out of warranty. It has been driven to Washington, DC multiple times, DisneyWorld and many, many other places from Indianapolis, IN and still going. I had the same problem with the driver side door handle falling off in my hand just out of the blue and found out it is just a manufacturer deficiency and I had the dealer replace it. The brakes on the Lucerne are rather delicate as the discs tend to warp with excessive lateral runout even when using really good ceramic brake pads, but I do the brakes myself and it does not get that expensive. There are no oil leaks and I do my own oil changes. The transmission seems to be working fine, now I have noticed recently that if I take off at maximum speed going from zero to whatever with the pedal to the floor, the torque thrust is rather extreme and the car moves from side to side almost uncontrolably until it reaches a certain speed, of course I do not recommend anyone do this. After it goes out of warranty in the next month or so, I am going to add a computer chip to allow me to use HHO gas from water and modify the car to run on water as a supplement to gasoline and see what my gas mileage becomes. I love this car as I have taught my oldest daughter how to drive using this car and my family has had many exciting adventures in the Lucerne.
    Visitor, Upland, CA, March 26, 2012 12:54
    My 2008 Buick Lucerne Cxl has had several repairs and it does not have 33,000 miles on it yet.The 1st repair was the steering system it had a whining noise when I was turning the wheel and backing up at the same time, 2nd was I smelled gasoline coming in thru the airvents and to this day I was not given a reason why that was going on, 3rd my check engine light came on and there was loss of power while driving it, I was told that it was a Purge Solenoid that was not functioning properly,4th the door handle on the driver side just came off no questions asked, this car was purchased brand new, I am losing faith in GM cars but it is still under waranty a good thing everything is showing up now instead of later.
    junior1957, Conneaut, OH, March 12, 2012 19:56
    We are having problems with our tires as the air keeps leaving them has any one else have this problem if so whats the fix for it?Also we are having to replace the struts on it already and its only a 2007
    Visitor, Brentwood, TN, February 25, 2012 08:00
    We bought in 2006 and it's the best car we've ever owned! We love it still today!
    Visitor, Utica, NE, December 16, 2011 09:10
    I purchased my 2007 Lucerne new. It uses 2 qts of oil between oil changes at 3000 miles. This week the driver's door handle broke. It has 58000 miles on it so "It is no longer covered." Any one else having this problems? It is difficult for this 72 year old female to crawl in the passenger side and then over to the drivers side. Oh boy. will I continue with Buicks???????
    Visitor, Fort Oglethorpe, GA, November 09, 2011 11:44
    Purchased new - currently, 5yr old w/57k miles - @ 1k miles driver door handle broke, warranty - @ 48k front motor mount replaced, warranty - @ 57k miles replaced front wheel bearing x1 and water pump - (had to replace coolant in reservoir every 3 to 4k miles, could not find any in oil or transmission or from rear exhaust as vapor - small amount leaking from water pump weep hole only when running, engine heat vaporized and never leaked on ground. Had to replace one taillight bulb, access is over engineered.
    Visitor, O'Fallon, MO, November 07, 2011 16:55
    I have owned 2 Buicks, the first was a LeSabre, at 30 thousand miles the Transmission just came apart at 30 mph with my wife driving. I had to pay the dealer to replace it. I sold it & purchased a 2006 Lucerne (new), now at 37701 miles the transmission it it did the same thing, came apart, only this time I was on the highway at 65 mph. Since the car was out of warrenty, the dealer would not repair it. I found that the factory had put out a bulletin about the transmission having problems. I reported this to the dealer, and was told they received the notice, but didn't pass it on to the customers. Their customer service is "If it breaks under warrenty they would fix it, but if they waited it out, then the customer would pay for the work!" After 2 Buick Quality issues, I WOULD NEVER BUY A BUICK OR GM CAR AGAIN!
    Visitor, Mentor, OH, August 20, 2011 05:36
    Car looses 2 quarts of oil between oil changes... Dealer replaced valve guides. Still does it. Dealer says " GM considers this to be acceptable". 2 qts REALLY! This car has been into service for an raspy acceleration sound that sounds like a large wooden croquet ball bouncing around in a thick plastic box between 1800-2100 rpm. At times I have to turn up the radio and roll down the window to INTRODUCE enough sound to drown this out. Of course... they can never hear this when it has been in 3 different times. They just say... eventually it will break. OMG! Never again... My advise.... BUY SOMETHING ELSE!!
    Visitor, Albany, KY, July 17, 2011 19:10
    The problem i am having is the remote for the door locks and trunk sometimes works sometimes it don't don't know what to do battery not low in remote can anyone help me.
    Visitor, Melbourne, FL, June 17, 2011 22:15
    car is ok,brakes are terrible,GM.tells you to gear down,to cool brakes,so they know theires a problem.
    fairtonboy, Millville, NJ, September 21, 2009 20:20
    I love my 2008 Buick Lucerne CXS. I only wished the car had a battery volt indicator like my previous park aves had.The D.I.C. center in my last car had this. The look/ride comfort is great. Besides the lack of battery volt indicator, the dash buttons are not as friendly as my last park ave. Even a rental chevy colbalt had the buttons in the steering wheel. Its hard to set and see what the car is doing,the way the buttons are on the left dash.Outside this it;s a fantastic car. I hope my next full size Buick is rear wheel drive. And I want a 2 door like i had in my 1989 Buick Le sabre T-Type. Bring back a look that that again.2 door.console/looked like a grand national.Buick used to have comfort and hot rodding like my 1969 Wildcat 2 door. Make the name Wildcat come back boys at Buick. A life time Buick man. Thanks TIMOTHY JAMES SIMPKINS