Oh, my. Since my first question on September 2, 2013, my car has run fine despite the recent report that it is leaking coolant, needs an intake and could show problems in a week or 2 years (it was anyone's guess, according to the serviceman at the Buick dealership). Yesterday, my car overheated for the first time ever. It burned so hot that the red wavy light came on and as I was panicking and trying to figure out how to get safely off the busy highway, the temperature gauge suddenly started dropping back down to below the halfway mark. It did this about three more times as I drove to work that morning (though it never ran totally hot again). I noticed that my heat stopped working about a week ago. Yesterday I had it running anyway, hoping it was just slow to kick in. That's when I noticed my car overheating. Is there any connection and what in the heck is going on? My boyfriend added antifreeze and filled up what he said was very low water/coolant. This was not a problem a week ago! Was the dealership right and the worst is happening sooner than later? I don't know if I should attempt to fix the car or just get a new one. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Buick overheated suddenly for first time; heat not working. HELP! on 1999 Buick Century
1 answer 1 comment
ANSWER by warrior.of.god86 ,
February 15, 2014
Flush your heater core or replace it.... see if that helps.
This week's top 10
Recent Buick Century Questions
- Other than the resistor, what else could cause my heater to only work on high se
- Starter good battery good but can't figure out why it won't turn over to start
- what size is the power steering high pressure hose
- So my car will reverse but won't drive while its in drive?
- Car wouldn't start, clicking noise like dead battery, alternator?
1999 Buick Century Estimates
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($60 - 82) in Ridgeway, VA
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Prides Crossing, MA
- Heater Core Replacement ($378 - 524) in Redwood Falls, MN
- 105,000 Mile Service ($106 - 160) in Flint, TX
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Banquete, TX
- Air Conditioning System Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Boyne Falls, MI