Oh, my. Since my first question on September 2, 2013, my car has run fine despite the recent report that it is leaking coolant, needs an intake and could show problems in a week or 2 years (it was anyone's guess, according to the serviceman at the Buick dealership). Yesterday, my car overheated for the first time ever. It burned so hot that the red wavy light came on and as I was panicking and trying to figure out how to get safely off the busy highway, the temperature gauge suddenly started dropping back down to below the halfway mark. It did this about three more times as I drove to work that morning (though it never ran totally hot again). I noticed that my heat stopped working about a week ago. Yesterday I had it running anyway, hoping it was just slow to kick in. That's when I noticed my car overheating. Is there any connection and what in the heck is going on? My boyfriend added antifreeze and filled up what he said was very low water/coolant. This was not a problem a week ago! Was the dealership right and the worst is happening sooner than later? I don't know if I should attempt to fix the car or just get a new one. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Buick overheated suddenly for first time; heat not working. HELP! on 1999 Buick Century
Asked by for the 1999 Buick Century
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by warrior.of.god86 ,
February 15, 2014
Flush your heater core or replace it.... see if that helps.
This week's top 10
Recent Buick Century Questions
- tail light wiring is black, brown and yellow. Which is L turn, which is R turn?
- Car idles great has no acceleration slam pedal to floor takes off
- If i get a body control module from a scrap yard of same make model and year wil
- will not accelerate and is very sluggish when slowly acc.Idles fine
- Is my engine messing up?
1999 Buick Century Estimates
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - $61) in Ridgeway, VA
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($895 - $1,131) in Prides Crossing, MA
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($171 - $283) in Redwood Falls, MN
- AC Compressor Replacement ($604 - $799) in Flint, TX
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($20 - $25) in Banquete, TX
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($141 - $587) in Boyne Falls, MI