Worked for a while and broke the second belt. Got a new one and seemed to be fine then it broke also. Noticed a little frey on the outside of the belts before they broke. Most recent belt was destroyed. Notice that the crank shaft pulley was letting the belt walk back off of the pulley. Belt moves back 4 ribs on the crank pulley. The belt is half on and half off the crank pulley. Pulley is tight What would cause this???
Breaking Belts! Put a new belt on and replaced the tension pulley which was bad. on 2000 Pontiac Grand Am
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Grand Am Questions
- My amp wires touched and now my radio will play but i can not hear nothing.
- Can parts from a 2004, grand am se be used for a 2001 grand am se
- My 2001 grand am was driving fine till next day. It made alot noise trying turn
- Code P1336.... Crankshaft position sensor system variation not learned.
- Crankshaft sensor system variation, how to set?