Worked for a while and broke the second belt. Got a new one and seemed to be fine then it broke also. Noticed a little frey on the outside of the belts before they broke. Most recent belt was destroyed. Notice that the crank shaft pulley was letting the belt walk back off of the pulley. Belt moves back 4 ribs on the crank pulley. The belt is half on and half off the crank pulley. Pulley is tight What would cause this???
Breaking Belts! Put a new belt on and replaced the tension pulley which was bad. on 2000 Pontiac Grand Am
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Grand Am Questions
- Key placed in ignition switch but nothing is turning at all what's going on
- Went to start car and key won't turn inside ignition switch tried everything
- what do u think is wrong my 97 pontiac grandam won't start
- battery light on. While driving, all dash lights come on and car dies.
- Feels like the transmission is shifting from park to reverse a little too hard
2000 Pontiac Grand Am Estimates
- 45,000 Mile Service ($80 - 127) in Harrison, MI
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($256 - 476) in Bland, MO
- EGR Valve Replacement ($177 - 220) in Mound, TX
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($95 - 119) in Mancos, CO
- Fuel Level Sending Unit Replacement ($618 - 782) in Bluefield, WV
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($189 - 274) in Granger, MO