Worked for a while and broke the second belt. Got a new one and seemed to be fine then it broke also. Noticed a little frey on the outside of the belts before they broke. Most recent belt was destroyed. Notice that the crank shaft pulley was letting the belt walk back off of the pulley. Belt moves back 4 ribs on the crank pulley. The belt is half on and half off the crank pulley. Pulley is tight What would cause this???
Breaking Belts! Put a new belt on and replaced the tension pulley which was bad. on 2000 Pontiac Grand Am
Asked by for the 2000 Pontiac Grand Am
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Grand Am Questions
- is there anyway i can tell on my own if i just need brake pads or a rotor too?
- How do I use cruise control on a 96 Pontiac grand am
- New fuel pump..is installed. Runs ok until gets a little warmer than normal oper
- Where is the actuator for changing it to the defrost mode located?
- Why does it sound like muffler fell off but under the hood?
2000 Pontiac Grand Am Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Rear ($254 - 356) in Harrison, MI
- Brake Pad Replacement ($224 - 299) in Bland, MO
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Mound, TX
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Mancos, CO
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($99 - 124) in Bluefield, WV
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($110 - 132) in Granger, MO