2004 Pontiac Vibe Q&A

2004 Pontiac Vibe Question: Braking problems

Despite several trips to my dealer, I continue to have problems with my brakes. Frequently, when I apply the brakes they do not release even though I have removed my foot from the brake. Occasionally the brakes go to the floor with no stopping or slowing. -
If you car is out of warranty and the dealer can't fix this problem, I'd stop taking it there and find a quality independent shop in your area. Don't let anyone charge you for a repair unless your complaint has been fixed. -
Check the flexible brake line going into the caliper or brake cylinder; They've been know to have- "INTERIOR tubes that can not be seen that weaken and restrict the flow back. replacing the brake-lines is the answer!" -
Front brake rotors can wear causing a pulsation felt in the brake pedal. Our technicians often recommend replacement of the front rotors and brake pads as the best option to correct this condition.
How much does a flush--while replacing brake pads & rotors--cost?
Why do I get a pulsating or vibrating sensation through the steering wheel when I apply the brakes?
I stated least expensive AND best quality for my wife's car. 34,000 miles. The wheels are 16." At age 70 on fixed income, I need the exact prices for pads, rotors and possible flush--here in/near ...