was driving down road 45 miles per hr. when the brakes on all 4 wheels applyed themselves the pedel was fixed and could not apply at all. don't understand how this could happen all by itself did nothing was not even touching the brake pedel and was driving along in traffic, lucky to get to side of road safely and mad.
brakes on 1996 Jaguar XJ6
BEST ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
January 07, 2010
I don't see any technical info from Jaguar about this, but my first thought is the master cylinder is applying the brakes. I've only seen this when people use the incorrect brake fluid, was brake fluid added to this vehicle recently?
Verified for the Jaguar XJ611 reports
Verified for the Jaguar XJ633 reports
2 answersMarch 31, 2009
1 answerOctober 18, 2009
1 answerFebruary 01, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Jaguar XJ6 Questions
- car idles fine 800 RPM, put in gear and it bogs out, feather the gas and it will
- Can a 86 jag xj6 be transfer to a 95 jag xj6
- The radio code wont work. I have the code but it just tells me to wait.
- What happens when you put the battery in wrong on a xj6 with a 4.0 1990
- Where is the main fuse on a 1990 Jaguar xj6 with a 4.0