was driving down road 45 miles per hr. when the brakes on all 4 wheels applyed themselves the pedel was fixed and could not apply at all. don't understand how this could happen all by itself did nothing was not even touching the brake pedel and was driving along in traffic, lucky to get to side of road safely and mad.
brakes on 1996 Jaguar XJ6
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
January 07, 2010
I don't see any technical info from Jaguar about this, but my first thought is the master cylinder is applying the brakes. I've only seen this when people use the incorrect brake fluid, was brake fluid added to this vehicle recently?
Verified for the Jaguar XJ611 reports
Verified for the Jaguar XJ633 reports
2 answersMarch 31, 2009
1 answerJanuary 13, 2017
1 answerOctober 18, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Jaguar XJ6 Questions
- When I turn my headlights on my brake lights do not work.
- Engine cranks but won't start. Ran great night before. It started once .
- car idles fine 800 RPM, put in gear and it bogs out, feather the gas and it will
- Can a 86 jag xj6 be transfer to a 95 jag xj6
- The radio code wont work. I have the code but it just tells me to wait.
1996 Jaguar XJ6 Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($268 - 475) in Lamoille, NV
- Spark Plug Replacement ($156 - 203) in El Reno, OK
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($557 - 915) in Hudson, ME
- Brake Pad Replacement ($177 - 249) in Sawyer, ND
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($356 - 404) in South Gardiner, ME
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($227 - 298) in Effie, MN