do brakes get wet? over the last rainy week I noticed when I take my foot off the brakes when parking (not while driving) or pulling out into traffic where you move an inch or two and break is not smooth, but makes a crunchy noise as well.
brakes on 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara
ANSWER by raiderron ,
March 11, 2011
Yes brakes get wet but should dry off if only wet from water and not contaminated with diff fluid or brake fluid. That noise may only be made because they are wet till dry off. Recommend having a shop or knowledgeable friend inspect all brakes.
Reported by bear no. 88 and 12 others for the Suzuki Grand Vitara13 reports
1 answerMarch 13, 2014
1 answerJune 15, 2014
1 answerApril 10, 2011
1 answerSeptember 16, 2009
- 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara Repair and Maintenance
- 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara Maintenance Schedule
- 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara Problems(7)
- 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara Repair Estimates
- 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara Q&A(46)
- 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara Recalls(6)
- 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara Shops
- 2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara Reviews(2)
This week's top 10
Recent Suzuki Grand Vitara Questions
- What's up with the low beam lights they keep going out I've seen several why has
- car wont go into reverse without grinding
- The speedometer stop working, what could have caused it?
- While driving yesterday,the car started to lurch. Seemed like it was going to di
- How do you remove gear shifter cover to replace burnt bulb?
2001 Suzuki Grand Vitara Estimates
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Hopkins, MO
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in Pinetta, FL
- 67,500 Mile Service ($27 - 63) in Patterson, CA
- 45,000 Mile Service ($176 - 250) in Grizzly Flats, CA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($377 - 413) in Rutherford, TN
- Antilock Brake System Diagnosis & Testing ($26 - 34) in West Somerset, KY