Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Squeaking or grinding noise while braking
- Vehicle pulls to one side while braking
Related Repair Advice
- Brake shoes wear out over time and should be inspected periodically
- Brake shoes can be damaged by defective brake drums and/or leaking wheel cylinders
- We recommend resurfacing the brake drums when the brake shoes are replaced
- Brake repairs are commonly offered at promotional prices that may be lower than the RepairPrice Estimate. Make sure you understand exactly which services are included/excluded in the advertised price.