Chrysler Q&A

2009 Chrysler Town & Country Question: BRAKE ROTOR PROBLEMS CHRYSLER 2009 TOWN AND COUNTRY

kickstart, 3.8L V6, Midland Park, NJ, August 04, 2010, 08:48

I GET A LOT OF VIBRATION WHEN BRAKING AT HIGH SPEED,60MPH-75MPH, WHEN MAKING LONG TRIPS. THE FRONT ROTORS WERE REPLACE 8K MILES AGO,REAR ROTORS RESURFACED AND NEW PADS. ALL WORK HAS BEEN DONE BY THE DEALER UNDER WARRANTY BECAUSE IT WAS UNDER 12K MILES. BRAKE DUST BUILDS UP ON THE REAR WHEELS FOUR TIMES FASTER THAN THE FRONT. I NOW HAVE 20K ON THE VAN AND THE BRAKING IS AWFUL.

Pvt-Public August 04, 2010, 08:56

Sounds like a warped rotor somewhere to me. They need to be replaced not machined. Every time a rotor is machined it has more of a tendency to warps as there is less metal to dissipate heat.

loutod October 04, 2010, 07:41

when it's raining i have the same problem on the highway at a speed of 60 to 80 miles. did it occur to you

Visitor, April 15, 2011, 14:31

We had the same problem, on our van there was a recall for the front breaks. It started for us at about 7000 miles. Chrysler replaced pads and rotors.

• Medium-star Best Answer
    Visitor, April 28, 2011, 12:05

i am having the same problem again. front pads and rotors replaced at 20,000. back rotors and brakes replaced at 40,000. i have 42,000 on the van now and the shaking has atarted again when i brake. i have had so many issues with this van. i had a dodge caravan before this with 80,000 on it and i never had a problem. i cannot afford to get rid of this van but i cannot afford to replace rotors and brakes every year as i put about 24,000 a year on my vehicle. i think that chrysler should pay for this problem for the life of the vehicle to the orginal owner. they never will. wait until you need new tires. my van shakes because the tires do not fit right. the only way to stop that is to by the Yokahoma's that came on the van and they are junk! replaced them at 28,000. my next vehicle will be a Honda or Toyota.

Visitor, July 28, 2011, 08:18

I read in another blog that Chrysler engineered a poor brake caliper w/plastic pistons that overheats & wears the brakes out very rapidly. No aftermarket caliper will fit to cure this flaw. I have the high speed pulsate at 60 mph when I apply the brakes. I just had the rotors & pads replaced at 36000 miles. Had the shop do the rear 2x, then the frt 2x ! Still pulsates!! The Yokahama tires are bald at 30,000 miles as well. Spent $1000 on brakes and tires this month! Thanks Chrysler!

Visitor, July 29, 2011, 08:46

I am in the exact same boat as answer #5. 37k on van - replacing Yokohama tires and getting new rear pads/rotors. the pulsating has been there since day one for us. Who knows if it will stop. My previous honda's didn't need any work until 80k. I thought I would try Chrysler - Now I have and I don't think I will again.