brake problems on 1990 Nissan 240SX

brakes went out when driving how to fix them on my own

by in Albuquerque, NM on February 22, 2009
1 answer
ANSWER by on February 23, 2009
What exactly happened to your brakes? Does the pedal fade while you are on the brakes? Did it just go straight to the floor? Is it something else like grinding or squeaking? If you lost your pedal pressure while you were driving, you'll need to find the source of the leak. It could be a hose at the wheels, a leaking caliper, or the master cylinder. If they're making noise, you'll need to pull the wheels off and inspect the pads I couldn't help but notice your screen name so I'll say remember if you get the brakes too hot, it's very possible to lose your pedal. It comes back when they cool down but the one time I lost my brakes from heat, I warped the rotors :/ hope this helps
Brake lights don't work when pedal pressed.
Ok. Got it 'fixed' yesterday. Out today, came home and now brake lights won't go out at all! Where is the fuse? Where are the associated wires for the brake under the gear shift?
I've replaced the brake light switch,I've checked the ajustment but when i unplug the switch the lights turn off. Any suggestions?
I put a new 15 amp fuse in and when I put the breaks on it blows. the bulbs and wiring in the trunk look good. The other problem is when I apply the brakes and just before I come to a complete stop...
It was sitting for a while before I bought it & the guy I bought it from is a car dealer/brake specialist but keeps trying to figure out the issue. The car would run for a good 10 minutes & then st...