2003 Toyota 4Runner Q&A

2003 Toyota 4Runner Question: Brake Problem

Brake pedal intermittently goes almost to floor, bled the fronts, no improvement, Master Cylinder Problem? -
I had the same problem, tech said almost all Toyotas have this problem, it's the caliper piston that needs cleaning, take the caliper apart, clean the cylinder very well removing any material on the piston. -
Front brake rotors can wear causing a pulsation felt in the brake pedal. Our technicians tell us this condition is best corrected by replacement of the front rotors and brake pads.
It is very important that the rear level sensor is properly bled after any brake work or the rear brake stopping efficiency may be compromised.
I was told that efi service was recommended. Also what mm should brakes be replaced?
vehichle came to me with no fluid in master cyl looked all over for leaks none front calipers froze hoses cracked replaced calipers hoes master cyl pressure bled and gravity bled still no brake pe...
At 125,000-150,000 miles, the Master Cylinder may need replacing. It is critical to adjust the brake pedal to Master Cylinder pushrod clearance or the brakes will drag and over heat.