Brake problem on 1998 Toyota Sienna

1998 Toyota Sienna, 165,000 miles. Well maintained. I was backing downhill out of my driveway and had to stop quickly. Front tires squealed a little. The front brakes stuck on. I jacked up front and could not spin either wheel in neutral. I disconnected battery and tapped on master cyclinder, proportion valve, and ABS unit. Reattached battery. Front breaks were now free. But, now it seems that the brakes stick on for a second after pedal is released. I pulled front calipers and pushed pistons all the way back in. Pads are still good and slides are fine. Still, brakes seem to stay on for a second after pedal released.

by in Murrysville, PA on July 20, 2010
1 answer 2 comments
ANSWER by , July 20, 2010
Just a shot in the dark, but maybe your calipers are getting stuck? How hard was it to push them back in? I would take them off and clean them up real good, and put some wd40 in there to help them slide.
COMMENT by , July 20, 2010
Well, It wasn't easy to push them back in. I used a C clamp and flat piece of metal to span piston. The slider pins are fine. I lubed them good. I have noticed the right front seems to engage a little quicker than left. Front kind of dips that way if I roll and stomp on brakes. I have never replaced either caliper and have owned Van since new. Do you know if those calipers are rebuildable?
COMMENT by , July 20, 2010
Sorry I'm not familiar with the particular application, but if your looking to do the work yourself I know auto zone offers free repair guides online. The other option of course would be to replace the caliper but that could be pricey. Hope this helps.