The problem just happened out of the blue, if you manually push the break pedal forward the lights will go off but otherwise the brake lights are continually on.
Brake Lights won't turn off on 1997 Volkswagen Jetta
The brake switch that is mounted to the pedal is to close to the pedal arm. You will need to adjust it further away from the pedal. The switch is threaded and you just need to unscrew it until it works properly.
2 answersFebruary 05, 2011
0 answersFebruary 07, 2015
This week's top 10
1997 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($264 - 494) in Limington, ME
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($743 - 1,088) in Eloy, AZ
- Steering Rack Replacement ($1,022 - 1,958) in Ashville, OH
- Cabin Air Filter Replacement ($32 - 76) in Woodlawn, TX
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($824 - 924) in Logan, IL
- Engine Front Cover Gasket Replacement ($152 - 422) in Rutherford College, NC