The problem just happened out of the blue, if you manually push the break pedal forward the lights will go off but otherwise the brake lights are continually on.
Brake Lights won't turn off on 1997 Volkswagen Jetta
The brake switch that is mounted to the pedal is to close to the pedal arm. You will need to adjust it further away from the pedal. The switch is threaded and you just need to unscrew it until it works properly.
2 answersFebruary 05, 2011
0 answersFebruary 07, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- My 2006 Volkswagen jetta dash board lights went out and it would not accelerate
- After installing aftermarket stereo car will crank but will not turn over.
- Trunk will not open with key or switch. can I open it from inside the trunk?
- Whats makes it not shift out of park
- EPC Light Comes on when Headlights turned on, break lights also stay on
1997 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Battery Replacement ($143 - 221) in Limington, ME
- AC Recharge ($200 - 276) in Eloy, AZ
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($271 - 327) in Ashville, OH
- PCV Valve Replacement ($26 - 34) in Woodlawn, TX
- Engine Mount Replacement ($220 - 406) in Logan, IL
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($192 - 223) in Rutherford College, NC