brake light problem on 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

my brake lights are not work,fuse & bulbs are good turn signals good only rear cab light comes on

by in Compton, CA on January 19, 2010
2 answers 3 comments
ANSWER by on January 20, 2010
If just the brake lights are not working, check the brake light switch.
5 people like thisFlag inappropiate
COMMENT by on October 04, 2010
I am having the same problem. Checked all fuses and replaced all bulbs. Then I replaced the brake light switch and still have no brake lights, except the one on top of the cab is working. The ones on the tail are not. Please help!
COMMENT by on May 14, 2015
I'm having the same problem, did you fix it what was it please helppppppp
COMMENT by on May 14, 2015
Change the top bulb those are the brake ones the bottom are the turn signals
ANSWER by on October 18, 2010
Boy do I feel dumb. I had the same problem. I took it to an autoparts store and they replaced the turn signal bulbs thinking they were the brake lights. Obviously the brake lights still didn't work. I then checked every fuse on the car and even changed the brake light switch. Then the shop finally realized the brake lights were on the top above the turn signals. I couldn't believe it.
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiateReply
The regular brake lights don't work. The third brake light does. The bulbs are good, There isn't any blown fuses, and changed brake switch. Any ideas?
PERIODICALLY MY ABS LIGHT COMES ON AND PARKING BRAKE LIGHT COMES ON SIMULTANEOUSLY ON THE INSTRUMENT PANEL. NO CODES WERE GIVEN WHEN HOOKED UP TO A DIAGNOSTIC TOOL. WHAT COULD IT BE AND HOW TO RE...
The breaklight are not turning on when stepping on the break but the top cab light works. The...
I have a 1994 Silverado that when you push hard on the brake pedal with the engine running the dash brake light comes on. If you shut off the engine, but have the ignition on and apply the brake p...