Cadillac Q&A

1995 Cadillac DeVille Question: brake fluid switch problem

tricias9485, 4.9L V8, Niagara Falls, NY, November 01, 2010, 12:40

my 95 cadillac says brake fluid switch problem, and traction disabled...we just fixed the mas. cyln. barakes callapers and rear lines. it stops but peddle is not as firm as it should...it has been bleeded many times....and brake light and antilock abs light still are on?????

December 27, 2010, 08:18

add brake fluid to master cylinder. i had the same problem

March 24, 2013, 14:54

I have the 1995 Cadillac Deville w/V8 4.9L engine had replaced pretty much the whole brake system, master cylinder included. The dash displayed "brake fluid, switch problem, traction disabled" and the parking or emergency brake light remained lit after had replaced master cylinder. I first checked brake fluid which was full, tried clearing the codes through the off dash access to the computer, which you access by pressing the "OFF" and "TEMPERATURE WARMER" buttons simultaneously, neither of which made a correction to the problem. Finally I pulled the old sensor off the bottom of the old master cylinder and switched it out with the new master cylinder sensor and when I turned the car back on the lights were off. Not sure if the new sensor was bad or if could be reset somehow but by switching with the old one it did correct the problem. If you are in Niagara Falls and need to select a mechanic I would definately NOT take your vehicle to "The Connect" on 11th and Pierce Ave, I took my vehicle in there for a complete brakeline replacement and got one line replaced with a bill for the full job. When another line popped with-in a week afterwords I took it back in to have them finish and do the correct job and again they replaced just the broken line but expected me to pay for a full brake line replacement. Come to find out they never even had the regular mechanic do the job just a shop hand who usually dealt with car audio installations. I did have a couple other problems with my vehicle which I intended on fixing myself and when the owner inquired about the issues I explained the same to him. He then basically stomped his feet and threw a tantrum. Probably the reason why the work I wanted done was never really done correctly at least not by "The Connect". If you want to deal with a true schyster then "The Connect" is the correct place to go but if you want to be treated with honesty, courtesy and respect then you may want to consider somewhere else.