Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Grinding and/or scraping noise when brake is applied
- Excessive brake pedal travel
- Brakes "grab" when applied, causing one or both rear wheels to skid
Related Repair Advice
- Almost without exception, drum brakes are used only on the rear wheels
- We recommend resurfacing the brake drums when the brake shoes are replaced
- Brake repairs are commonly offered at promotional prices that may be lower than the RepairPrice Estimate. Make sure you understand exactly which services are included/excluded in the advertised price.