1995 Toyota T100 Q&A

1995 Toyota T100 Question: brake booster problems

I replaced brake booster and everything works except when I drive a few miles then pedal gets hard(the truck stops fine but now brakes are rubbing and getting hot). I pull over and disconnect vacume hose and it releases brakes and I can drive it. When I first start out in morning the pedal has right amount of play before engageing brakes and breaks worke fine. What could it be? I would appreciate any hepl in this matter. Thank you -
Did you replace the booster for this same problem? What else have you replaced. Is the master cyl.OE? Need more info. -
Comment 1
the brake booster was going(started to fail tit got hard so stop the truck at times) I replaced the booster and everything seemed to work ok the truck stopped fine. when I took it on highway for a drive (about 5 miles) the pedal started to get hard and there was no play it stopped the truck fine but I noticed the breakes were engadged and were getting hot. thats when i disconnected the vaccume hoe to release the breakes. In the morning withith the vaccume hoe reattached the breakes work fine but after some driving the same problem reappeares. -
Comment 2
Are both front and rear brakes tight when this happens? May have to jack up both ends while brakes are tight to see.Test and post results.Will know more then. -
the booster rod could be out of adj if adjustable or the wrong rod -
Comment 1
Brakes are ok at first,rod length should not change! I would swich out the booster again.Are ALl brakes binding up??? -
Used or new booster? What information/instructions did you have besides lefty-loosey, righty-tighty? Is your brake pedal free-play adjustment correct? (lefty-loosey, righty-tighty is a damned good start though---some people can't even get that!) --Seriously--check pedal free-play and then re-check booster installation-including vacuum line check-valve being in the right direction.............never mind , once again I didn't check the date on the original post.......DUH! Hope you got it fixed without to much headache...What did it end up being? Helpful for others with same issue. -
I have a 98 t-100 4 wd works at times and does not at others. If the 4wd indicator light was on 4wd worked. If i shifted in and the indicator did not light 4wd did not work. I pulled the switch ...