i was told i needed to remove the body control module. can someone give me instruction or is there a link that shows what it looks like i know its on the drivers side. under the dash on the firewall or side. but I want to do it right.
body control module on 2007 Chrysler Pacifica
The Body Control Module (BCM) is located on the bulkhead left side, underneath the instrument panel, to the left of the steering column.
NOTE: If the BCM is replaced, it must be programmed using a scan tool and DealerCONNECT®.
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Remove the lower instrument panel silencer.
3. Remove the knee blocker airbag
4. Disconnect the 72-way bulkhead connector from the Body Control Module (BCM) (4) mounting assembly.
5. Move bulkhead wiring aside.
6. Disconnect the five wire connectors from the BCM .
7. Remove the four screws (2) holding the BCM to the bulkhead.
8. Remove the BCM from the mounting bracket.
Had a girl at the local stealership tell me mine needed replaced. When I inquired as to what it was, she couldn't say anything but "it controls all the stuff"....hmmm