BMW X5 M Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your BMW X5 M
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
BMW X5 M Questions
It was at park and the car roll itself and the break became unexpected acceleration. Not sure why/ how cause this problem and BMW wasn't able to find out the truth. Just wanted to warm people have X5 watch out the in this situation.
BMW X5 M Recalls
All modern vehicles use some type of power assist for the braking system. The 8 cylinder models being recalled use a vacuum pump, connected to the power booster by a vacuum hose, to provide the necessary assist. The vacuum pump may leak a small amount of lubricating oil into the vacuum hose and this contamination could result in a loss of power assist, leading to increased stopping distances. Dealers will correct this concern by replacing the brake vacuum line with an improved version.
Certain 2012 X5 models equipped with a diesel engine, and a number of 2013 X5 and X6 models, may develop a power steering fluid leak from the steering gear. This leak is due to a machining error on the steering gear. Leaking power steering fluid can spray onto hot exhaust parts, increasing the risk of an engine compartment fire. Dealers will inspect and replace the steering gear as necessary on affected vehicles.
Vehicles equipped with an 8 or 12 cylinder turbocharged engine may overheat the circuit board for the auxiliary water pump. This could lead to smoldering of the pump or an engine compartment or vehicle fire. Dealers will replace the auxiliary water pump to correct this concern.