BMW M5 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your BMW M5
- My 2008 BMW M5 was in a hail storm. Now it will not start. Security?
- Has anyone heard of advise from BMW that that you need to use 60 weight oil.
- after a bump on the road engine goes off and for now won't start
- Dear sir I have 3 codes coming on my screen 510E PLCD ,510DPLCD,4FA0,4F67
- Can replacing the clutch in an M5(if done poorly) result in a transmission leak?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
BMW M5 Problems
During tight, slow speed turning, a rubbing noise can sometimes be heard from the rear of the car. This noise is likely coming from the clutches in the limited slip differential. If the noise persists, the differential fluid can be replaced with a special oil available from BMW. On higher mileage vehicles, this noise may never be eliminated unless the differential is replaced.
The front thrust rod bushings—also referred to as tension strut bushings—are known to fail occasionally. The oil-filled rubber mounts weaken and crack over time, causing a mushy road feel and shuddering in the steering wheel when going over bumps.
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
BMW M5 Questions
My repair shop is saying that this is a well know issue even though the previous shop was using 5/40 obviously 100% synthetic on both
it happened at the highway
All these for SMG
I change clutch plate, reprogramming,bleeding,
same cod coming
BMW M5 Recalls
Increased resistance at the electrical contact points may cause damage to the ground terminal and housing of the connector. This can result in an intermittent or permanent loss of one or more rear lamp functions (tail, brake, turn-signal, reverse). Intermittent light operation reduces the ability to warn other motorists of the driver's intentions, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the rear lamp bulb carriers to correct this concern.
Due to a manufacturing process error, the oil pump driveshaft could separate from the pump rotor. Separation of the pump's rotor could lead to a sudden loss of oil pressure causing the possibility of complete engine failure, resulting in an engine stall-like condition, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash. Dealers will replace the engine oil pump to correct this concern.
The insulated connector for the positive battery cable may have been incorrectly attached to the trunk floor panel, which can lead to a loosening of the bolt connection. Loosening of the connection can cause an increase in electrical resistance and overheating of the cable connection, which could lead to a fire, even when the vehicle is not in use. As a precaution, owners are advised to park outside until the remedy has been completed. Dealers will secure the battery bolt cable connection as necessary to correct this concern.