BMW 740iL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your BMW 740iL
- how can i turn off my 1995 BMW 740 il?
- how can i turn off my 95 BMW 740 il? i started it up and now it won't turn off
- I just got a starter put on and now I have to get a Jump off from someone
- My error light keeps coming on. Each time I have whatever shows up fixed but it
- Where is the dip stick to test the level of trans fluid on 2001 740IL
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
BMW 740iL Problems
Leaks are known to develop in the cooling system. It is common to see more than one part recommended for repair/replacement due to overlapping labor and the use of many plastic parts in the system.
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
BMW 740iL Questions
BMW 740iL Recalls
The brake light switch may fail and stick in the "brake lamps on" or "brake lamps off" position. Inaccurate illumination of brake lights could lead to an accident. Dealers will inspect and replace the brake lamp switch with a new improved part.
BMW 740iL Reviews
This is my fourth 7 Series BMW. These cars are not for the faint of heart. When they break, it costs, but I have had very good reliability issues from my first in 1985. With only 4 cars in over 25 years, you might say that I have been happy with the car brand and will continue to purchase a 7 series in the future. Find a good mechanic, do the routine maintenance and take the car in at the fi...
To those who wrote (POS)? Obviously your experience is based on how well you take care of your own car or how much abuse it will take from you. If you bought a BMW Used and not certified or thoroughly reviewed and checked out, then who is the POS? You simply bought someone Else's abused headache. The E38 is one of the best cars ever built. I owned 3 bimmers in my life and all different model...
I have tried after-market rims on my car and cannot get a balanced ride. I had the tires professionally balanced twice, but to no avail. I assumed that one of the rims has a problem since the rims were used. However, when I put the original rims back on, there is still vibration at 50-55 mph, the indicator for balance control. What else could be the problem?