BMW 550i Reviews

BMW 550i Reviews and Owner Comments

I love the car. I have had zero problems with the exception I am on my 3rd battery.
On most lists of the finest sport sedans in the world. This is a sedan, not a sports car as it comfortably can seat four adults. In driver selected Sport Mode, it is very aggressive. Driving on mountain roads is thrilling with massive tires and optional sport suspension. Was designed for German Autobahn top speed is electronically limited to 155 MPH. If limiter is removed, then top end is 174 MPH. Follows standard German auto philosophy that the suspension should be quicker than the engine. The brakes are massive and do not fade. Interior finish is clean and refined. Seats adjust 20 ways. Premium sound but then why listen to music when you have this engine?
This is the Greatest car I ever owned.
Total new driving experience even after 20+ years... Fun fun fun
Its a good car. Not fantastic. Handling for such a large, heavy vehicle is pretty good. Power is excellent - although with the manual transmission, it feels a little sluggish immediately off the line. My only real complaint with the car is that with the sport suspension, BMW has so much negative camber in the rear of the car that the inner 1/2" of tire will wear to the cords while the outer edge of the tire has plenty of tread left.
The BEST car ever!!
Excellent car. I just did not know what I was missing!