BMW 530xi Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your BMW 530xi
- My 2006 530xi rear gate does not function. Reservoir is empty. How can I refill
- my computer dash were you see radio, cd etc went out..took to bmw..$1500 to repa
- what is the reason for a noise like a winch motor when i am turning very slowly
- I was stopped at a trafffic light when my 530 XI stalled.
- Vibration during acceleration
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
BMW 530xi Problems
A creak or squeak can be heard from the top of the front or rear doors. This noise is most noticeable when the windows are fully up. The noise is caused by the decay of the flocking material on the door seals. New door seals, Teflon tape, special lube, or a combination of all of these may be needed to eliminate the noise.
If the brakes are squealing, there's a good chance it is the brake pad wear sensor. A new design was implemented in January 2006 and can be identified by its green color.
BMW 530xi Questions
I notice the sound like a winch motor when i am turning on to my drive way- from left or right
Got a fuel pump control message. Took it to repair shop and the computer said low voltage, etc. Repair guy said I should not worry about it unless it happens again. Said he had not seen this eveent in 25 yrs. Should I panic?
When I accelerate and applying load to the engine, the car starts shaking. Could you advise what the potential cause is?
BMW 530xi Recalls
The front passenger seat contains a mat that determines the presence and size of a seat occupant. This input to the airbag controller helps to determine if and how forcefully the passenger airbag should deploy in the event of a crash. The detection mat can develop cracks and fail. If this were to occur, the airbag would not deploy as expected, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will repair the occupant detection mat to eliminate the possibility it may crack. Additionally certain vehicles will receive and extended warranty on the front passenger seat occupant detection mat.
The insulated connector for the positive battery cable may have been incorrectly attached to the trunk floor panel, which can lead to a loosening of the bolt connection. Loosening of the connection can cause an increase in electrical resistance and overheating of the cable connection, which could lead to a fire, even when the vehicle is not in use. As a precaution, owners are advised to park outside until the remedy has been completed. Dealers will secure the battery bolt cable connection as necessary to correct this concern.
The lower rubber mount for the rear shock absorber may not have been manufactured properly and may not adhere to the housing. If it separates, the driver will experience impaired handling and control of the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the rear shock absorber. The recall began September 13, 2006.
BMW 530xi Reviews
i think there are problems with the cooling fan system and BMW is covering it up.
I was driving and all of a sudden the abs, ebv,awd, and dsc lights came on. I just had the water pump and thermostat replaced, can that cause these signs to come on. i also had the battery checked and it needs to be recharged, would that have an effect on it? now when i turn the car off it makes a cranky sound..help!!! any feed back would be great
Purchased used New Year's Eve 2012. What an unbelievable automobile! I've never driven anything like it, such an intelligent vehicle.