Reviews for BMW 530i years:

BMW 530i Reviews and Owner Comments

BMW 530iOwner Reviews (30 reviews)
    Visitor, Charlottesville, VA, August 04, 2014 14:46
    My 05 530I has 64,000 miles I have had to replace valve cover gaskets, window motor, trunk housing & light. Now it needs struts & oil pan gaskets. Also had to paint the roof, replace the back window gasket & will be painting the trunk next. I will mot be buying another BMW. Have had unexpected repairs for the low mileage & the exterior & interior has not held up.
    Visitor, Philadelphia, PA, January 03, 2014 13:18
    My car has only 109, 633 miles on it and it has had nothing but problems since 89,000 miles. I have done everything to this car and BMW are way over rated. Stay Away!!!
    Visitor, Virginia Beach, VA, December 13, 2012 10:55
    GReat, my wife loves it!!!!!!!!
    Visitor, New Rochelle, NY, October 06, 2012 22:20
    everybody have somethimes problems with every car, bmw 530 is luxury and when you stay next to any japanese or american car you cant compare them, bmw and mercedes rules
    Visitor, Dover, NH, October 06, 2012 07:38
    Bought pre-owned in 2006 at 25K. LOVE this car. Have had only one mechanical issue with a minor oil leak. Other than this has been as reliable as my Honda, Acura, and Nissans of past. Very happy with the car, has 130K on it now, still looks like new but know it will start to cost more so am considering to sell it. East coast winters are tough. Don't buy the winter tires/rims at BMW dealer- go to Tire Rack and save $2K. Only annoying aspects are the RFT sensors when not running run flats, and the drink holders cost $400 to replace and break easily. Other than that it still purs at 100mph like it did when new. Love the car but will sell to avoid the expensive repairs I know are coming.
    Visitor, Norco, CA, September 30, 2012 21:42
    I have 118,000 miles on this car and it is running strong and gets very good gas milage. Very few issues over the years all small and never left me stranded. I love this car and it is a pleasure to work on.
  • 1994 BMW 530i
    Visitor, Accoville, WV, March 12, 2012 13:34
    l love this car but need to know one thing after how long do i service e gearbox and what type of atf do i use.
    Visitor, Atlanta, GA, December 12, 2011 18:58
    I've had this car almost 10 years - and 116,000 wonderful miles. Have had minimal problems until this year when we had to replace the alternator and now there is an issue with the crankcase vent valve. Fortunately I gave up on dealer maintenance a long time ago and have a reliable mechanic who charges fair prices - not the gouging that goes on at BMW dealers. I followed some good advice when we bought it and have had oil and filter changes every 7500 miles. Sadly, though we will be moving on - but I'll miss my baby - truly the ultimate driving machine. Cons are definitely the cup holders (BMW doesn't like you to eat or drink in their cars) and the regular headlights - wished I'd ponied up for the xenon headlights.
    Fountains, Miami, FL, August 14, 2011 19:55
    BMWs are cars to be leased only. Power seats, a/c blower, p/s hoses, windshield washer pump, front shocks, crankcase vent valve, headlights adjusting mechanism, cup holders, are of poor quality. They sell because have tight ride, great steering,solid feeling, excellent braking, and timeless design. But they are not reliable. Infinity G37,and Cadillac CTS, are to be considered when thinking about a 530.
    Visitor, Depew, NY, August 12, 2011 12:26
    I love my car it stills looks brand new but since 89,000 milies parts are going bad, which costs an arm and a leg. If you can afford the repair at the dealer than buy one, but if you can't afford repair bills of 1000 or more a shot, stay away. I had no problems with this car until it hit 89,000 milies, so I would say its a great car.
    Visitor, Plano, TX, July 20, 2011 09:24
    Purchased the car new, only owner, wifes car and she's no Formula driver. Transmission went south at 63k miles, out of warranty. Dealer agreed to replace with a new trans if we paid for labor ($2500.) vs $6000. otherwise as BMW does not rebuild trannies, and a very reputable transmission fellow I know says he has a very difficult time getting parts for repair. Paid the labor fee, repaired the tranny and have garaged the vehicle since 2006, driving it sparingly. Bought a Lexus. BMW alternator went south last year and now there is an issue with the air/heating system. Blower/fan will not operate. The money drain continues. Bought
    Visitor, Matthews, NC, March 07, 2011 13:27
    I bought this car certified pre-owned in 1998. It had 17,000 miles on it. The car now has 121,000 miles. It had transmission failure right around 50,000 miles and BMW replaced it for free. The car has had no other major problems. I expect to drive it for another 100,000 miles.
    Toledoblue, Santa Monica, CA, February 09, 2011 13:54
    We bought the car @27k miles - CPO - in 2005. Right off the bat, car wouldn't start: got it jump started but it quit soon after, so the alternator and battery were replaced under warranty. The next problem that was vexing this car was the cooling system - the expansion tank (small crack), thermostat, cap and bleeder screws were replaced @48k miles. Also replaced leaking p/s hose; a badly leaking valve cover gasket and grommets; and a worn out front thrust arm bushings. But soon @51k "check coolant level" warning, as well as "service engine soon'' light, kept showing up which was very annoying since the issue wasn't resolved. Anyways, tech determined that the radiator leaked and needed to be replaced; and for the "SES" warning, two possible causes were presented - faulty tank vent valve and/or leaking crankcase vent valve causing lean mixture. We declined both fixes at the time and drove car for a year and half with these issues. Had to add lots of water and coolant as a temporary fix in the meantime. @60k, we found a good repair shop (shout-out to Swiss Motors) other than the dealer and replaced radiator, belts, hoses, all 4 brakes, pcv valve,..., for less than half what the dealer quoted. Overall, the car makes up for the upkeep with its looks and performance. Finding a fair shop other than the dealer is a prerequisite for owning this type of vehicle.
  • 2006 BMW 530i
    Visitor, Saint Louis, MO, January 27, 2011 21:54
    Bought my 06 BMW 530i used at 17k mi. Now have 112k mi. NO problems. I bought the extended service contract for $1200, giving me all standard service upt o $100k mi. Now I go to local shop servicing only Bimmers. I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS CAR. As fun as a Porsche (well, almost, ha ha) and reliable as a Honda. This is the best car I have ever owned, including my old reliable Nissan Maxima. It is even better than my first Bimmer, the 2000 323i. My recommendation: Buy a CERTIFIED used car with LOW mileage (you'll save $$) then immediately buy a maintenance pkg to cover you up to 100k (keep in mind you will need to drive adequate mileage for this to be feasable). Great car - my wife likes it much better than her Audi A6.
    Visitor, Saratoga, CA, January 21, 2011 19:11
    2004 530i-transmission failure at 47k miles. Needs to be replaced to the tune of $5,200. No help from BMW or the dealer because the car is over 5 years old. We took very good care of the car with regular service at the dealer, and the car is like new. We never drove it more than 6,500 miles per year. 1,000 of that was our annual trip to Palm Desert. This transmission failure is so rare, they don't even have a transmission in the U.S. for replacement. This is not my first BMW, but it is my last.
    Visitor, Houston, TX, January 19, 2011 08:42
    amazing.......
    penquakr74, Palo Alto, CA, December 27, 2010 14:34
    Bought it used with about 60K miles. The cup holders failed immediately The exterior lights and dashboard display failed or are failing. The tires wear unevenly due to bushing falure. the radiator failed. the brakes cost over $1,000 to replace because they come an integrated unit. Need I go on? When it's fixed, it runs great, but if you cannot afford high maintenance, buy it new and sell before 60K miles.
    rvirk, Alamo, CA, December 27, 2010 13:45
    Great car but expensive to maintain
    Visitor, Tallahassee, FL, December 15, 2010 10:06
    Great car, but do not replace the battery yourselve unless you have done your home work.
    Visitor, Bad Axe, MI, December 11, 2010 10:15
    I had to replace the steering rack for $1700 when it had 35000 miles but was out of warranty. Replaced a loose tie rod end at 60000 miles. Besides these two repairs the car has been a joy to own. It has 61000 miles on it and drives and looks like it did when I bought it new.
    Visitor, Gastonia, NC, December 06, 2010 18:27
    Third BMW 325, 528 and now 530. I finished a long time ago with Asian autos. Plenty of mechanics out there to do normal maintenance at a very reasonable price. German engineering seems to be of higher quality than that of past Japanese and American autos.
  • 2003 BMW 530i
    ice man, Dublin, CA, November 14, 2010 10:19
    this car has 58000k and is starting to fall apart. If this is the best of german engineering i would honestly hate to see the worst. Performance wise the car is great.
  • 2006 BMW 530i
    Visitor, Miami, FL, August 03, 2010 11:54
    car is great but like most owners probably agree after 50,000 you better start looking for another car
    Visitor, Miami, FL, June 01, 2010 19:32
    have a 2007 530I with a leaky oil pan, has been in the shop twice for the same problem and now of course the warranty expired.it is leaking again! i am selling this leaky tin can after i fix it,
    Visitor, Brooklyn, NY, April 04, 2010 13:21
    great car, smoothe ride. However, when warrant is over our pockets will feel the raft of what is means to own a bmw
    rldabomb, Las Vegas, NV, March 23, 2010 01:57
    own a 05 530i kinda slow wish i had the new 300hp average trunk space. good price on oil changes everything is else is expensive. bmw the best car to have up to 50,000 miles because of the free maitenance.. after 50,000 get ready to trade it in for another bmw. lol
    SeanMichael, Frisco, TX, March 01, 2010 12:25
    Have an '01 530 with 110k. Everything has been great on car but just had to replace starter and radiator. Other than that, car has always ran perfectly. Next car will have to be the M5
    Fara, Chatsworth, CA, August 11, 2009 22:43
    own a 07 BMW with 45K miles on it, excellent car for performance, look, safety and reliability. used to buy Toyotas, got tired of lack of performnce and average handling.
    John1946, Wilmington, OH, April 15, 2009 16:06
    Good Car, but had a problem with Crankcase Ventilation System freezing up, which was expensive
    Panetier, Oakland, CA, March 17, 2009 20:33
    I love this car. It's quiet, it handles exceptionally well, the six-speed compensates to some degree for a slightly underpowered engine, the mileage at 25 mph+ is better than what I expected, and most importantly...the family loves it! No repairs to speak of so far. My only concern are these run-flat tires...they are real expensive!!!