BMW 528xi Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your BMW 528xi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
BMW 528xi Problems
An intermittent ticking noise from the valve train may be noted at times. This concern is commonly caused by one or more faulty hydraulic valve lifters. Our technicians tell us updated valve lifters are available which should correct this concern.
One vehicles equipped with power folding mirrors, the mirror may fold out past the standard position. Our technicians tell us that if this occurs a special procedure must be followed to relearn the correct mirror home position.
GPS will not read disk , whole (ccc) system wont turn on everytime ..to get system to start HOLD the cd next button or the mode button for several seconds to several minutes until it turns on ..
NOTE: gps still wont work, but all else will..
BMW 528xi Questions
My car just started making a repetitive rattling/clanking noise when I drive over 20 mph. The Mechanic thinks it is a transmission-related issue, but cannot pinpoint the cause. No error codes or dash messages appear. Manual Transmission. 44K Miles.
I am wondering if it is this:
How do I replace my heater control valve ?
How can I tell if my heater control valve is not working ?
BMW 528xi Recalls
The insulated connector for the positive battery cable may have been incorrectly attached to the trunk floor panel, which can lead to a loosening of the bolt connection. Loosening of the connection can cause an increase in electrical resistance and overheating of the cable connection, which could lead to a fire, even when the vehicle is not in use. As a precaution, owners are advised to park outside until the remedy has been completed. Dealers will secure the battery bolt cable connection as necessary to correct this concern.