BMW 528i Reviews

BMW 528i Reviews and Owner Comments

I brought my BMW 528IX the car is simple awesome trades in the wife drove my BMW Friday application for replacement on a new wife mailbox if flood
I bought my wife first 2011 BMW 528i for her birthday in Jan. 2012. I am also having the Idling problems. You can be sitting in a fast food drive thru with feet on brakes and the car will start high idling all by itself. Also my check engine light has come on and stays on steady while the car is running all systems checks ok and car performance tends to be ok. I will have her take it in to the dealer tomorrow. Glad I purchased the extended warranty.
Have a BMW 2010 5281. I have 33,000 miles on this car. At 29,000 had the belt tensioner replaced. The dealership found the belt tensioner had failed and made a high pitched voice when you started the car intermittently. Now the car is making the same noise . I am going back to the dealer have them look at this again... This was done August 30 and parts and labor should still be under warranty.. Has anyone had this problem? Has anyone had their water pump go out at 60,000 miles?
The front left door needs to be replaced both exterior and interior handles broke. Not sure where else to find a replacement door for a good price in bay area of california
Please send a video on how to replace timing chain on 1999 BMW 528I. Also how to replace timing chain tentioner. You can email me at
just wanna know if anyone has had drive shaft problems and if anyone knows how much it is to have the drive shaft balanced?
The brake light keeps coming on on my dashboard. I got brake fluid in its tank filled and my brakes work like new. Only problem is that it does a long squeaky/scraching noise when I put the brake pedal down slowly. What may be the problem? Please email me @
this car is so awesome,mine has 225 on the odometer runs solid.had to do minor repairs water pump ,fan clutch...replaced the belts...the 528i is fun with a sporty feel, interior is so elegant with everything at to drive it
Bought used with 112K miles, and had my mechanic go over it, replaced coil, tune up, replaced rotors with drilled set and ceramic pads. Transmission takes it's time to engage after stop and sometimes it seems to skip gears. I have to accelerate to get the transmission to engage, I have taken it to BMW dealer and had a diagnostic run but they cannot find anything. Since unit is sealed for life, cannot check fluid; once it is running, it runs very smooth and shifts very nice (as nice as a 4 speed auto can) I downshift and everything works fine - except for the erratic reactions. I have 140K and the engine is very strong, the transmission responds very well on the highway and the car looks great inside and out. I do love the design and get lots of compliments on it. This is the 6th BMW that I have owned and love to drive the cars.
just got a 2009 528ix and cant stop driving i am a auto teck for caddi and will never buy one this car rocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi, I just purchased a 1997 BMW 5 series recently. The odometer light goes completed off and comes on. What could be possible issue. Appreciate any advie or help. Thanks you.
We loved our new BMW until the other day my wife was driving my son to soccer practice and when she was pulling in to the parking space, car started to eccelerate on its own. My wife had both of her feet on the brake and car would not stop. It went over the curb and into the soccer field before it finally stopped. All the warning lights came on, we had it towed to the BMW dealer and it is still there. Has anyone else experience this problem with their BMW?
Lights inside of car will come on, c.control & radio will go off. I know this happens if liquid was spilled around the hazard lights but this never happened in my case. Sometimes the car is fine for months and then it will act up daily.
I love my BMW it handles like no other I have had very little maint problems but when I did the cost has always been high for repairs.
Very Fantastic!
Have only driven my new 528 for about 800 miles so far, but I'm very satisfied! This being our first BMW, the 2011 redesign was an aesthetically appealing success with us. The interior is spacious and VERY comfortable. The electronic shifting (A/T) and iDrive take some time to learn/become accustomed to, but the driving experience is great. No issues with the steering (other past-BMW owners say the lack of feedback is an issue), as it is smooth and comfortable for a luxury touring car. The 8-speed transmission shifts like "butter", and the in-line 3.0 liter 6-cylinder has plenty of power for passing and cruising. It's been tough to keep 'er below 80 on the freeway. Nav system has had us going in a couple of circles in high-traffic areas over the last couple of days, but may just be a satellite anomaly. More to report on that down the line.
my first BMW and very happy with it. =)
1998 BMW 528i with 261,000 miles and going very strong. Normal wear and tear maintenance. No major problems. And the best driving, most comfortable car I have ever owned. Looks all but brand new. The key to good service from any BMW is keeping up with maintenance on a regular basis (not BMW-NA's schedules), including all fluids. Oil, coolant, transmission and differential fluids. These are exceptionally great cars. Parts and labor can be expensive but good maintenance can keep the major problems away. These cars are very durable when treated correctly.
Absolutely love everything about this car! Ultimate driving machine is a BMW!
Have had minor problems which were resolved handles as if it were 1000lbs lighter than it actually is.great gas mileage,timeless looks,and very fun to drive!
Excellent car. I have a 1999 528 i 5 speed. Mileage now over 213 000 kms. No problems whatsoever. The engine, just like other bimmer inline sixes, is very very smooth. Power is there, great torque. Driveline is the best. Handling is absolutely bimmerous. I have had Mercedes for the last 10 yrs. They were great cars and SUV-s also, but Bimmers are more fun to drive. To have fun with a Merc. you have to go AMG, which is a totally different story, and very expensive also.This car I think it has a better reliability record than 540. If I would buy another bimmer it would be a 740 or a 745 or 545 or a X 5.Anyway, I am very happy with it. Never thought inline sixes to be that smooth, the are really Silky Smooth.
I OWN 1999 bmw 528i my wife loved it easy to work on[just have patient removing some parts to get what u want to replace] parts are very reasonable price om or after market very reliable. A++++
real nice cars but they need to put a dipstick to check the trans fluid some people dont know how to check it . also some people cant afford to take it to a shop everytime it needs fluid.
@dalenstep A 1997 bmw 528i does not require being checked it is a lifetime transmission it never needs any attention unless there is a mechanical failure otherwise it never needs attention. I love mine it has had no problems whatsoever and the maintenance is sooo easy all the tools you need are in the trunk for the oil change and the sparkplugs plus the oilfilter is ontop and easy to get too so there is no reason to ever take it to a dealer and pay there overinflated prices!!
If you're going to buy a BMW make sure you get the Xdrive, regular 528I does not handle well on ice or snow
great car, handles perfectly
Just installed new tires and struts which were needed. Outside of standard maintenance, this has been a trouble free car. I have 120k miles and plan to keep this fine car. Rides great. Handles great. Looks great. paint job has to be one of the best I have ever had. I have an independent that keeps costs down.
I purchased my car in March of 2010. Lots of prblem with this car. 6 days after purchase; they had to replace all breaks. Then I had to take the car back, because of a defect in my Naviation System. Still having problem with Navigaiton system," It does not give accurate direction" . This car has very course engin sound, and rough ideling. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS CAR
If you could find a good reliable affordable independent to maintain this car, she will last for long long time and with the one of the best road handling and comfort. Maintenance is very very expensive at the dealer so DOnt go there for basic routine maintenance. Test Drive one and you will know what i mean! AAA