BMW 528i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your BMW 528i
- My head gasket is leaking into the coolvant about how much to fix
- My trunk will not open with fob r trunk button inside car all fuses are good.
- Changed breaks & drove it after. It worked fine. 3hr later it won't start. Help!
- Turning signal lights not working
- Can someone plz show me where is the Blower Resister fixed on the car plz
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
BMW 528i Problems
The front thrust rod bushings—also referred to as tension strut bushings—are known to fail occasionally. The oil-filled rubber mounts weaken and crack over time, causing a mushy road feel and shuddering in the steering wheel when going over bumps. These worn bushings should be replaced.
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
BMW 528i Questions
whats are posible problems
Hi I just found out today I have a cracked radiator.my question is can I still drive my car.
BMW 528i Recalls
These vehicles use a vacuum pump to supply power assist for the braking system. The vacuum pump can fail unexpectedly due to insufficient lubrication. This would reduce braking efficiency, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will make modifications to allow for proper lubrication of the vacuum pump in order to correct this concern.
Increased resistance at the electrical contact points may cause damage to the ground terminal and housing of the connector. This can result in an intermittent or permanent loss of one or more rear lamp functions (tail, brake, turn-signal, reverse). Intermittent light operation reduces the ability to warn other motorists of the driver's intentions, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the rear lamp bulb carriers to correct this concern.
The insulated connector for the positive battery cable may have been incorrectly attached to the trunk floor panel, which can lead to a loosening of the bolt connection. Loosening of the connection can cause an increase in electrical resistance and overheating of the cable connection, which could lead to a fire, even when the vehicle is not in use. As a precaution, owners are advised to park outside until the remedy has been completed. Dealers will secure the battery bolt cable connection as necessary to correct this concern.
BMW 528i Reviews
Absolutely love everything about this car! Ultimate driving machine is a BMW!
Lights inside of car will come on, c.control & radio will go off. I know this happens if liquid was spilled around the hazard lights but this never happened in my case. Sometimes the car is fine for months and then it will act up daily.
If you're going to buy a BMW make sure you get the Xdrive, regular 528I does not handle well on ice or snow