Reviews for BMW 525i years:

BMW 525i Reviews and Owner Comments

BMW 525iOwner Reviews (47 reviews)
    Visitor, Pittsburg, CA, December 12, 2014 11:03
    seat problems. pulley. clutch fan. head lights bulb. I can go on and on
    Visitor, Barrington, IL, September 17, 2014 11:27
    my 4 ways wont go off can any help me out
    Visitor, Freeport, TX, July 14, 2014 12:01
    We bought our 2001 525I , 6months ago and we are the 3rd owners. We are at 167,000. Its in the shop now for an oil leak upper compartment of the engine, but not the head gasket issue. We replaced the back tires and a couple of oil changes since purchasing it for $3200. we bought it from a guy that had a 325 as well. This has been a great car. Great on gas coming from a F150 v8. My only complaint about this car is being a passenger 6fttall Iin the backseat and a 6ft tall person in the front seat. Not much room. But the 4 door model is nice when its just my partner and I and our dog. We will definitely enjoy driving this machine for another 100k plus.
    Visitor, Loganville, GA, February 10, 2014 15:03
    Overall great car. looks great, and drives great
    Visitor, Concord, NC, January 09, 2014 16:34
    my gps was working how do i get it back working
    Visitor, Mount Orab, OH, November 07, 2013 19:53
    Drove my 525 to 227,000 miles until my cousins kid wrecked it. Sad sad day. He was fine, car was totalled. I'm sure the car would still be nearly serving me perfectly to this day if I had it. Great great vehicle.
    Visitor, Garrison, KY, May 26, 2013 04:15
    Just purchased a 2001 525iBMW, wanted to know if anyone has ever purchased extended warranty, as it is very expensive, 78,000klms on this beauty, is it worth the money @ 3000.00 for this or should just bank the money for repairs than to lay out that kind of extra money, regards lee:)
    Visitor, Walnut Creek, CA, March 23, 2013 12:53
    Great car but repairs are expensive. The question is there is no replacement available for it. Find a good independent repair shop as BMW of North America and ALL dealers are a complete joke!! If you find a good repair shop this is a once in a life time car. Around 94595 I would highly recommend European Werkstaat. I would buy it again.
    Visitor, Salt Lake City, UT, January 06, 2013 11:40
    My dad bought me a 1995 525i in dark red and so far it's been very reliable and solid. When the car was purchased it had 174,800 miles but I have put on more. Car starts up and runs like a champ even when it's 24 degrees outside! Engine has the right amount of power and is mechanically sound. The car can handle driving on the freeway and in light traffic without any problems. The interior is nice and comfortable. The center console is easy to use with it's simple set up. Automatic transmission shifts without any hesitation. The trunk is massive which will be helpful when I go to the food store. Heating an A/C work like magic. The body is in great shape. No dents anywhere and no paint damage. Everything else works perfectly. My dad definitely made a great purchase.
    Visitor, Tacoma, WA, December 10, 2012 02:45
    Best car i have drove, great drive, nice looking and ideal for the family. Look after your car and your car will look after you and i plan to keep doing this :)
    Visitor, Columbus, OH, September 19, 2012 08:31
    I bought my 525i used from a co-worker with 71,000 miles 4 years ago- I now have 146,000 miles and other than normal maintenance, it is a terrific car and I am happy to have it!
    Visitor, Boqueron, PR, July 20, 2012 16:11
    the transmission program is a real problem. The manual tells that the electric shift controller has failed. please reply if solution is found.
    Visitor, La Quinta, CA, July 16, 2012 09:37
    I have had a 2001 525i BMW since new. It has done 278,000 miles and I see no reason why it should not do another 100,000 plus. The engine and power train is still like new. No oil leaks and the power is still the same when I first bought the car. I recently had a misfire which I fixed myself by changing the fuel filter and installing one new ignition coil. The best car I have ever owned.
    Visitor, Sayreville, NJ, May 14, 2012 11:33
    I have a bmw 525i 1995. two hoses have to be changed 1 was easy to do l ocated on the side of engine) difficult to find for 2nd hose where to put it in engine 1 is air flax hose 2nd is temp gauge hose HELP HOW TO FIND OTHER END OF HOSE
    Visitor, Decatur, GA, April 16, 2012 14:12
    I own a 1997 BMW 528i. This is a very reliable and low maintainance vehicle. I love it. No major work. Been driving it to work (75 miles/day) for a year and half now, without problems. Changed the radiator water reservoir. The external temp guarge has been broken, but I just get my weather forcast from my iphone...lol.
    Visitor, Fairfield, CA, April 03, 2012 19:02
    My instrument cluster went dead on me today. It's perplexing when I am driving. What can it be? Please help. Thank you up front. Victor
    Visitor, Little Mountain, SC, January 22, 2012 15:41
    I bought used 2003 525i and it has been a nightmare. Twisted seat, LED display, pulley coming off, cracked radiator, belt replacement, fuel filter, brakes, heated seates, cup holder, headlight, brake light, shocks, loss of hp, service light, leaking oil, leaking power steering fluid and other problems have all be taken place in the short 6 month time I have owned it. No wonder there are so many you-tube videos on how to fix a BMW. I would never recommend a BMW. i am sticking to American Made next time.
    Visitor, Raleigh, NC, January 17, 2012 09:07
    I am holding this bmw 525i model 1993. I am having problem in replacing ac regulator. Can anyone guide me how to replace the same? Also how to remove radiator, dynamo belt, fan clutch, plugs and injectors along with the photographs.
    Visitor, Fairfield, CA, October 13, 2011 19:10
    I own a 2001 BMW 525i my battery is not holding a charge it is fairly new I believe my alarm has something to do with my battery draining do to it being so sensitive. my alarm goes off at night and I don't hear it when it goes off, in which it continues to sound. by morning my battery is low and my car wont start without a jump. my question is if I have my battery fully recharged at a shop would that help. I did have my alarm toned down at the dealer.
    Visitor, Sacramento, CA, June 04, 2011 13:21
    i have a white 1995 bmw 525i and it starts up and runs perfect it can also race and beat alot of other cars because of the engine size and it is a foreign car. i love it
    Visitor, Red Oak, TX, April 12, 2011 21:09
    my wife and i just purchased a 1995 525i,we have owned it just three months,2nd owners,no major troubles,i would like to know more about bleeding the cooling system,even is it necessary to overhaul the system at 164k miles...i curious about tranny's oil...we are just hoping we made a good choice in this car.
    Visitor, Lynch Station, VA, April 11, 2011 13:48
    Fun to drive but the electrical glitches will drive you crazy. Purchased with 110,000 miles on the ticker. Replaced upper and lower chains and tensioners, VANOS was rebuilt and the anti rattle fix installed. Replaced brake pad sensors, calipers, rotors, pads, reaer window regulators, TPS, speed sensor, tranny was fushed and filled. All for a grand total of $3600(including the purchase of the car itself.) Now to remove that @#$%! speed limiter.
    Visitor, Saint George, UT, March 27, 2011 20:22
    I love my car. It is a 2004 525i. I just put M6 take offs on it and it runs perfect. until i recieved the transmission error on the dash. Do i need a whole transmission? BMW said that they would beglad to help at a tune of 6500.00. Any other solution to look at first?
    Enrique, Oxnard, CA, December 12, 2010 13:43
    Why BMW make cars so complicate? Both front power seats do not work, or work when they feet like it. We are in our second radiator and we replaced the original water pump( the one with the plastic impeler??????)with a new BMW design.Even with overprice parts and labor, our car has been a solid automobile but not a reliable one.
  • 2007 BMW 525i
    Visitor, Fayetteville, GA, December 07, 2010 23:51
    Once ny transmission is warm, it begins to slip. The shift is hard when i stop. i have to feather the pedal to speed up so the car wont jerk. I have taken it to BMW several times and the "RESET" the transmission. A few days later it goes back to slipping. Any suggestions?
    KER, Holly Ridge, NC, November 22, 2010 12:58
    This is the best car that I have ever owned. It rides great after 7 years and 60,0000 miles. I have spent approx. $2,000.00 on maint. now using a mom & pop BMW cert. mech. oil changes run $80.00 Ken Baker Originals uses all OEM parts. Located in Myrtle Beach, SC and Wilmington NC
  • 1990 BMW 525i
    Visitor, Winchester, VA, October 10, 2010 03:13
    love the car, hate the expense
    Visitor, Van Nuys, CA, September 24, 2010 19:44
    I have a 91 went I do oil change after a 1 month my car need one core of oil again any suggestion I need to fix this problem.
    Visitor, Rancho Cucamonga, CA, September 05, 2010 23:54
    i'm a 2nd owner but still very pleased with the performance. got it 2005 and still running good in 2010. just minor changes. all i did was took care of the mengine oil every 4000 miles using synthetic oil. lots of friends still say "nice car".
    Visitor, Aurora, IL, August 23, 2010 08:36
    trouble free and an outstanding "driving machine." My next car will be a bmw...Joe Lucas
    somchai, Hampton, VA, August 03, 2010 11:19
    How to reset the engine light ?
    Deutschlander, San Francisco, CA, June 15, 2010 16:17
    No problems for the first 6 years, now they are starting to mount @ only 75,000 miles
  • 1992 BMW 525i
    zovc9, Minneapolis, MN, June 04, 2010 18:06
    This car is a nice car for a 18year old car
    MATTOXMUSIC, Boca Raton, FL, May 10, 2010 06:53
    I HAVE 207,000 MILES ON MY CAR NOW. I AVE A WATER RESTRICTION SOME WHERE TAHT WTH WATER WILL NOT CIRCULATE. I FOUND A ROUND 2 INCH CYLINDER WITH A HOLE IN IT FLOTING IN THE RADIATOR THIS WEEKEND. ANY IDEAS?
    Visitor, Fort Myers, FL, April 30, 2010 17:00
    This car is very reliable, I purchased it new in June 2005. The body style is still the same in 2010, so most cannot tell the difference between my 2004, and a 2010. My 525i is a great value. If you check newspapers and car lots, you will rairly see one for sale. They're keepers.
    Visitor, Irvine, CA, April 23, 2010 14:13
    Owned for 15 years and it's still the best handling car I have experienced (it's now my son's car).
    MIZZOUNNC, Lumberton, NC, February 24, 2010 06:34
    Learning the interior controls requires the owners manual. All controls pivot around the center control knob and the display screen. It takes a few times to find all the hidden areas to go, which control, navigation, radio, A/C and heating, trip information.
    Dr Dias, Miami, FL, December 14, 2009 19:11
    Bought used, great car so far! Need to replace the radiator and various other small goodies!! I will order all my parts on line!! I did so with my 1991 535ia with no problems! This 525ia will be good for the next five to ten years! Dives great and has been real good in tight traffic so far!
    gary01757, Milford, MA, December 12, 2009 13:31
    I've been very, very pleased with my '02 BMW 525i ever since I purchased it new. Perhaps the most incredible thing is that it's still fun to drive and I still get some people saying, "nice car!" The one down side is the high cost of repairs.
    reflectionscc, Ipswich, MA, December 11, 2009 19:53
    ONE OF THE BEST CARS I'VE OWNED,LIKE ANY VEHICLE YOU HAVE TO KEEP IT UP,I DO THE WORK MYSELF AND BUY PARTS ON LINE,I JUST REPLACED THE WATER PUMP,THERMOSTAT,FAN CLUTCH,PULLEY AND BELT FOR $162.00,ALL NEW PARTS.HAS 182,000 MILES AND RUNS AND DRIVES PERFECT.
    rmag, Philadelphia, PA, November 24, 2009 18:08
    I love my car with some minor problems.
    Louis55, Schenectady, NY, June 12, 2009 09:44
    This is an excellent and reliable vehicule. Very good millages confortable. good value for resale.But there is no raison to sale it i expect to draw an other 3 to 5 years from it easy by doing regular and normal maintance. Louis55
    jalolojalolo, Memphis, TN, May 26, 2009 10:20
    Overall a highly exceptional Ultimate Driving Machine. I have 70K miles (95% of this is long distance intense Highway driving) since brand new in 2001 and i do not drive it like 'there is no tomorrow'. Most people with any major complaint on this fine machine likely abused it by thinking it better built than Titanic. If I have choice between a 3010 BMW 528i and 2001 525i version I'll sure will pick my 2001 all over again! Since 2001 I have replaced 3 things in the care: end stage resistor blower; left low headlight beam; and front brakes (at 40K miles on extra Warranty) . Car is garaged and I still have my ORIGINAL Continental tires (I'll change it this year 2009 after 8 years of use for safety reasons since rubber eventually can break down more quickly after many years). Long live my 2001 525i. I do my oil change/service regularly, never had tires aligned (they wear perfectly evenly well) and had rotated/balanced tires only twice.
    hcabsar, Glendale, AZ, April 20, 2009 10:45
    The best kept secret about this car is the fact that it's so easy to work on. Anyone that can turn a wrench can fix the rare problem that this car has. I've had mine for over 5 years now, and I've replaced camshaft position sensors, and changed the fluids in the transmission and differential. I replaced the entire cooling system (radiator, water pump, thermostat, hoses, etc...) just because it seemed like good preventive maintenance and I couldn't believe how easy and cheap it was to do ($400). One word of caution, if you find you need to replace a sensor- do it yourself and don't buy a FEBI Germany (made in China actually) replacement. Get all sensors from a BMW Dealer, they are not that much more expensive than the Chinese knockoffs and they actually work. Nothing worse than when a new sensor you just installed is dead and you have to do it all over again. Buy the cheap code scanner from Autozone to read the check engine light codes- it works perfectly for this car. The Bentley Service Manuals pay for themselves the first time you do a repair- GET THEM! Parts are easy to find for this car too- Autohausaz.com and Bavauto.com are the two best (in that order) places to go. This is one of the best cars ever built. Very reliable and very mechanic friendly!
    coppertop, Orlando, FL, April 15, 2009 19:57
    great car but expensive to keep even though its old.this seems to have been a very bad year for heating and ac. I almost had to leave at the repair shop but he loved the car and replaced the head gasket and other things after much searching
    robotz, Sherman Oaks, CA, April 13, 2009 09:08
    the best car ever made....
    call, Mandeville, LA, November 02, 2008 21:26