Reviews for BMW 330xi years:

BMW 330xi Reviews and Owner Comments

BMW 330xiOwner Reviews (14 reviews)
    Visitor, Topeka, KS, November 01, 2014 12:39
    Traded 2002 Maxima SE (215K miles) for 2005 330xi (105K miles). The BMW is great, the Nissan was overall a better car dollar for dollar. Maxima is a slightly bigger car more comparable to a 5or7 series, so can't comment on the smaller BMW leg room and trunk. Maxima 3.5L was fast, BMW 3.0L is quick. BMW has the edge with AWDrive over FWDrive. The BMW is very solid with tight steering/suspension, while the Maxima was a bit loose sometimes. Maxima feels light in the front even with a large V6 up front, while the BMW seems to have better weight distribution. The 3.5L V6 is almost too much engine in the Maxima if you don't know what you're doing. 'Torque Steer' on the Maxima is significant and sometimes outright inconvenient. The large V6 takes up so much space it restricts the turning radius of the Maxima making it a pain to park sometimes. The BMW with AWD is great for acceleration stability and keeping the car straight down the road without wrestle the steering wheel. Maxima had more interior bells and whistles, for things like console storage, cup holders, and sunglasses storage. BMW has better HVAC controls and fancier computer for MPG,MPH,temp,etc. Maxima has a better AM/FM radio reception but the Bose system isn't as good as the BMW Harmon-Karden with regard to sound quality. Maxima V6 fuel efficiency is 3-4 mpgh better than the BMW I6. And the Maxima seats are more comfortable. The BMW seats are about as comfortable as the foam padded board seat on my old riding mower. Driving for the fun of driving, the BMW is a better car. Long range/time driving for comfort/economy, the Maxima is better. Average cost of ownership favors the Maxima, while overall value often leans in favor of the BMW. I would buy another Maxima, not sure yet if I'll buy another BMW. We'll see after another 100K miles on the BMW.
  • 2004 BMW 330xi
    ReginaJas, Overland Park, KS, September 16, 2012 13:46
    I have 90,000 mile on my car it was running great, then one day it wouldnt start, light work radio work , but wont start
  • 2004 BMW 330xi
    Visitor, Cabot, VT, August 28, 2011 23:47
    I own a 2004 BMW 330xi We bought it last year and have had to put 2 axles, ball joints, starter, brakes,traction control bars and now the car is making a noise that I have no idea what it is. This is our 8th BMW and have always loved them but after this car not sure I would buy one again.
    Visitor, Brooklyn, NY, April 21, 2011 18:01
    I bought my 330xi 2005 used from a dealer. I loved it from the start. It was about $4k more than the crappy Toyota Highlander I was about to go for but when I test drive it I didn't look back. No problems and all pleasure so far. I never bought a Bimmer before and now I'm hooked. Have to get a newer one some day but for the price ($16.3k) this deal is insanely hard to beat. I wish BMW refurbished paint jobs as I know they'd be the only ones I'd trust bring back the luster to original finis.
    Visitor, La Junta, CO, February 22, 2011 00:20
    I love this car. I test drove both the 325 and 330 and went with the 330 because it is so much more powerful than the 325. It's even faster in sport mode. The steering is precise and the braking is excellent. Mechanically it is great, I've only replaced one sensor in the 5 years that I have owned the car but make sure you use OEM parts because the aftermarket part I originally used had a slightly diferent voltage and the car ran horribly until the OEM part was used. It is a little on the small side,I would like to upgrade to a 5 series eventually.
  • 2006 BMW 330xi
    Visitor, Flushing, NY, November 21, 2010 11:18
    Shopped over 2 months for a good car, looked at G35x, Audi A4 and Mercedes C class...just when i was about to walk away from dealer, i went to test drive the 330xi. Came back to the dealers lot and was ready to sign the papers...this car is truly magnificent!! sticks to the road like glue and the steering wheel never gives you the feeling of not being in control...Your always in control!! The interior is very classy and sturdy, unlike the japanese cars. A lot of the mechanics always recommned buying Jap cars over Germans, but what they dont tell you is that the drive quality and experience in German cars are second to none. Get a warranty plan to protect against expensive repairs, even Japanese cars have expensive repairs! I got mine used and it feels like its the first day it left the lot! Just do yourself a favor and get it...
    Visitor, Bellingham, WA, November 21, 2010 11:17
    My 330XI beats every car I've ever owned by a longshot; audi coupe, A6, etc. I have never driven anything that felt so glued to the road, yet didn't transfer the little bumps through to the driver. Solid everywhere, torque everywhere, go anywhere. Love this BMW.
    thedeep9, Burlingame, CA, July 24, 2010 17:32
    This car is a beast! The acceleration in second and third gears never ceases to amaze me or my friends. It is comfortable and classy and knows it. I have to force myself to park it, it is that much fun to drive.
    Visitor, Orland Park, IL, May 15, 2010 10:11
    My parents bought me this car when I turned 16. I am now 18 and still very happy with it.
  • 2003 BMW 330xi
    Visitor, Anchorage, AK, April 18, 2010 18:34
    My Fiance and i have had sevral problims with out bmw... it drives me crazy
    Visitor, Seattle, WA, April 09, 2010 22:13
    Best car on the road. No matter how many controls and buttons lexus or audi or acura or any other "luxury" sports sedan manufacturer puts into their vehicles, nothing compares to the superb driving experience you get with a BMW 330xi. On the open road, or on a steep, windy, icy path up to the mountain, BMW's 330xi out performs any of my friends' rides.
  • 2002 BMW 330xi
    james303b, Maysville, NC, January 10, 2010 22:23
    the best bimmer i've had!!
  • 2006 BMW 330xi
    RH06330xi, Omaha, NE, August 13, 2009 10:42
    Best drive of my life. So glad we went with the 330xi over the competition! The car drives beautifully on the sidestreets and interstate; it is truely as if it were molded from one piece of steel. Brakes are the best feature, and the xDrive system is a blessing in the cold Nebraska winters. Seats are comfy for long trips and automatic memory seats/mirrors/radio stations help keep me sane when my wife drives the car. I also love the integrated BT phone (also my mother's favorite when she's riding with me..."The car is talking!!"). The car is 4 1/2 stars overall. I would say that the only complaint I have is the gas milage (18/27 observed), but it is better than other mid-size AWD sedans. This also depends on how it is driven. Backseat has good knee room, but limited foot space for an adult; I told my wife that I'll have to upgrade to a 5-Series if she wants kids. Thank you, Lord, I don't have iDrive
    Route303, Valley Cottage, NY, March 24, 2009 08:20
    Owned it only a year. No problems yet. Handles well on the road and wants to go.