Reviews for BMW 318i years:

BMW 318i Reviews and Owner Comments

BMW 318iOwner Reviews (11 reviews)
    Visitor, Covington, GA, December 18, 2011 15:08
    well i hit the curb just the other night and after that my car started to overheat check the oil pan thats fine have x brace so cant hit that it started leaking antifreez after that from the rear and smoking and now its not leaking anymore but smokes from he heater valve area but still cat tell if its the heater valve just smokes from the rear by the heater valve cant figure it out ?
    gcbeemer, Windsor, CT, December 05, 2010 08:05
    Excellent Car. I have 305,000 miles and have never done anything to the engine except normal maintenance. I bought this car brand new in 97 and still have the original clutch. Most expensive work done was the Catalytic Converter. This is the most bullet proof motor I have ever seen ! Even the mechanics at BMW are amazed when I bring in for service.
  • 1994 BMW 318i
    SB Automotive, Downey, CA, December 05, 2010 08:05
     Technician
    still running good after 225K miles!
  • 1994 BMW 318i
    Visitor, Greensboro, NC, November 21, 2010 13:33
    Why does the rpm's, speedometer, gas, oil and temp. guages flip on and off while driving? When they flick back on it makes a dinging sound as though you've left door open with keys still in the ignition. Someone help, its driving me crazy. The car does not shut off it still drives but when the gauges go out you can't tell how fast you're going or how much gas you have. It stays off 10 to 15 mins at a time sometimes longer before the gauges pop back on.
  • 1991 BMW 318i
    Visitor, Glendale, CA, October 07, 2010 20:44
    Great lil' "Beeemer"! :) I'm having fun fixing it up.. .thinking about lowering it and placing sway bars to stabilize the suspension..
    grah, Fort Lauderdale, FL, June 25, 2010 09:38
    This car deals well with good and bad Bahamian roads, hurtles round corners and gives great gas mileage. The styling is timeless and people always assume that the car cost way more than it actually did. Once you stay on top of the common problems you have yourself a top ride for not many dollars.
    Visitor, Houston, TX, June 23, 2010 16:23
    Have 76,000 miles and love this car, drives like new. Have 4 cylinder engine has plenty of pep and gets good gas mileage. Have replaced water pump and a/c compressor once. Since it is a convertible, have replaced cloth top once. Have hardtop as backup whenever it gets too hot.
  • 1992 BMW 318i
    Visitor, Glen Gardner, NJ, April 22, 2010 04:50
    i BOUGHT A 02 318I AND LOVE IT. i DRIVE 50 MILES ONE WAY FOUR TIMES A WEEK TO WORK AND LOVE THE DRIVE. THE GUY I BOUGHT IT FROM SAID IT OVERHEATED BUT DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO FILL THE RADIATOR. YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE SCREW TO LET THE RESEVOIR FILL IT. ANYWAY IT IS A GREAT RUNNING CAR. NOT TOO FAST BUT SPORTY ENOUGH FOR A WINDY ROAD TRIP, THANK GOD FOR A GOOD RUNNING BEAST.
    Triguy450, Thorofare, NJ, December 05, 2009 20:41
    I bought this car for my 19 year old so fall of 2009 with 127,000 miles on it. I wound up having to replace the Tstat and Housing along with the water pump and Radiator cap right away as the car was overheating. The radiator reservoir is plastic and has a very small crack in it which requires once a week monitoring of the fluid. It's a fairly complex fix so I am waiting a little before I replace it. The 5 speed drives and handles really well with good power and acceleration while getting an average of 30 plus MPG. One other issue is the driver's side plastic window guide broke allowing the window to fall out of it's forward guide. An easy but timie consuming fix and the parts weren't too expensive.
  • 1991 BMW 318i
    canadian, Alderson, WV, April 18, 2009 16:13
    Folks I had to make up the zip code I'm from Nova Scotia Canada, this site doesn't recognise our postal codes. I've owned my 1991 318i for a couple of years and recently have been using here in our Canadian winters for travel every day, return is about 65 miles. The rear wheel drive was a blast to get used to, again. I just had it painted for the first time and it came out great. I expect to drive this car for years it currently has 398000km or 245000mi, approx.It burns no oil, the only problem I'm having is locating the hook inside the gas cover to hang the gas cap on, it was misplaced during the paint job. If anyone has one or knows how I can get one please let me know at kguptell@eastlink.ca.
    wonderkid, American Falls, ID, August 23, 2008 03:35
    This Car marked the breakthrough of BMW. Its a car that refuses to age and that even nowadays you see people wanting this model for its looks and incredible speed! I travel 8000 miles twice a year on two road trips and also use it for every day use and i have never had any problems with it apart from maintenance stuff like oil tyres etc and this is my 8th year in a row that i do these trips!