While i was driving, a penny fell into my cigarette lighter outlet and it sparked then my stock radio head unit stopped working. I replaced the fuse to see if that was the problem and the head unit turns on, but the digital read out is jumbled up and the outlet won't power anything anymore. I have an aftermarket head unit i can put in. How difficult is it to replace the outlet and get everything working again?
Blown power outlet/cigarette lighter? on 1990 Oldsmobile 88
This week's top 10
Recent Oldsmobile 88 Questions
- Yeah my blinkers won't work unless I manually blink them. Can't figure out why
- I hit a bump in a driveway and now the car runs real ruff and the transmission
- what makes it not do nothing I have power but the engine does nothing.
- The air-conditioning compressor ran intermittently but now I won't run at all what could be the possible problems?
- I'm changing the front subframe. What other vehicles have compatible subframes?
1990 Oldsmobile 88 Estimates
- Throttle Position Sensor Replacement ($135 - 207) in Waukena, CA
- 52,500 Mile Service ($159 - 227) in Harris, NY
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($176 - 323) in South Sutton, NH
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($88 - 131) in New Richland, MN
- Suspension Ball Joint Replacement ($252 - 284) in Pocasset, MA
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($380 - 2,737) in Monterey, MA