while driving on the freeway for 45min the od light started blinking. I pulled over and checked fluid it was just below full.when pulling back on freeway it seemed to shift slow and didnt go into od. i pushed the od button and it then went into od but still blinking.i exit the freway thinking hi speed might not be a good thing.it seemed to drive ok ,i still had 30mins till home.about 3 min from home at a light smoke was coming out from under hood at a red light.but still drove ok. when i got home i could see the trail of trans fluid like a slug. i used ob2 scanner and it was all good green light. the fluid on the dip stick was red but when i wiped it it had a little bit of grey on the dip stick not mixed in fluid though like stuck on stick only.checked again and nothing of either was on it. it has 220k on it and had the tranny serviced at 200k.
blinking od light on 1996 Ford Windstar
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Windstar Questions
- My theft light blinks my trip zero outs when cold starting & head lights flash
- My van suddenly died while driving 30 mph. Does nothing when trying to restart
- Solution needed for van stalling with lean bank codes PO171 and PO174
- 3.8 V6 Windstar engine has a knock/rattle.
- i replaced dash cluster with a used one and van wont start
1996 Ford Windstar Estimates
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($75 - 145) in Tire Hill, PA
- Battery Replacement ($135 - 197) in Waldwick, NJ
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($491 - 578) in Oolitic, IN
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($214 - 323) in New Church, VA
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Litchfield, IL
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($72 - 92) in Elmore, MN