while driving on the freeway for 45min the od light started blinking. I pulled over and checked fluid it was just below full.when pulling back on freeway it seemed to shift slow and didnt go into od. i pushed the od button and it then went into od but still blinking.i exit the freway thinking hi speed might not be a good thing.it seemed to drive ok ,i still had 30mins till home.about 3 min from home at a light smoke was coming out from under hood at a red light.but still drove ok. when i got home i could see the trail of trans fluid like a slug. i used ob2 scanner and it was all good green light. the fluid on the dip stick was red but when i wiped it it had a little bit of grey on the dip stick not mixed in fluid though like stuck on stick only.checked again and nothing of either was on it. it has 220k on it and had the tranny serviced at 200k.
blinking od light on 1996 Ford Windstar
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Windstar Questions
- My air on the dash blows out hot air the blnd dr actuator is new rear air works?
- if my belt tensioner wasnt working wright or broken would it make a loud knocki
- Under hood and under dashboard
- i started my van a & a loud knocking noise is coming from the engine
- how much do you charge for blend door repair? and the motor is new.